Part 22

"What do you mean?" Bright asked, furrowing his brow.

Gulf stayed quiet.

"Gulf... You've been avoiding me. What's wrong?" Bright asked, trying to remain calm.

"Look, you have the boy now, so there's no need for me to be here," Gulf explained, avoiding eye contact with Bright.

"What?" Bright asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"Look, I know that Win is the reason you and I met, so now that he's in your hands, we can go our ways," Gulf said, sighing. He was tired of arguing.

Bright was shocked when he heard that. Does that mean Gulf thought he like the boy?

Seeing no response from Bright, Gulf started to leave.

"Wait, wait," Bright pulled Gulf's wrist.

"What?" Gulf asked, not turning his head.

"Why did you think I like the boy?" Bright asked, in disbelief.

"Oh, come on. The reason you wanted him in the first place is because you like him, right?" Gulf said, turning his head.

"Yeah, but-" Bright was cut off.

"Then, that settles it. You like him, and you can keep doing whatever you're doing to him, and everything will be fine. He will fall into your arms," Gulf said, sighing. He pulled his wrist from Bright's grasp.

Bright furrowed his eyebrows, processing the words. After a while, he seemed to understand. He sighed before speaking up.

"Look... I admit I was interested in the boy because he has a pretty face, but that doesn't mean I want him to fall into my arms," Bright explained slowly.

"Then, you just wanted to play with his heart?" Gulf furrowed his eyebrows, annoyed by the idea of Bright toying with Win's feelings.

"No. What I mean is, that was before. Now, I never thought of him like that anymore," Bright said, explaining.

"Really? Your actions say it all. How stupid can someone be not to notice it?" Gulf asked.

"What actions?" Bright asked, even more confused.

Is Gulf talking about himself? He is the one who doesn't see Bright's actions.

"You have the boy sleeping in the room next to your office because you wanted to see him, right? You even let him call you 'P,' right? Not only that, you gave him fruits. How did you know he likes fruits?" Gulf said, losing his breath explaining.

Bright just stood there, observing Gulf's growing anger. He looked cute. After a few moments, Bright smiled. Is it because of his actions?

"What? Why are you smiling? This is serious," Gulf said, annoyed.

Bright smiled wider and moved closer to Gulf.

"What are you doing? Don't come closer to me," Gulf backed up a bit.

"I didn't know you could be jealous of things like that," Bright chuckled.

"Jealous? I am not!" Gulf said, stuttering.

"Really? Then, why is your face so red?" Bright smiled.

"No, it's not," Gulf cupped his cheeks.

Bright just smiled, admiring how cute Gulf looked.

"Stop it! I better go," Gulf said, letting his hand down.

"Wait..." Bright caught Gulf's arm.

"What now?" Gulf said, rolling his eyes.

"I haven't explained things yet," Bright said.

"Explain what? Everything is clear," Gulf said, pulling his arm.

Bright sighed. Gulf was so stubborn, but at the same time, so cute. It was so adorable.

"About his room, I didn't know anything about it. Dew is the one who arranged it. I didn't know Dew told him that it was my order. About him calling me 'P'... I didn't mind because you told me you think of him as a little brother, so I might as well let him call me that. And about the fruits... I wanted to give them to you yesterday, but you had a headache and went to sleep early. I didn't want them to go to waste, so I gave them to him. That's all. I never intended to buy them for him," Bright explained one by one.

Hearing the explanation, Gulf's eyes widened. He realized he had misunderstood Bright and had been mad at him without reason. He bit his lower lip, ashamed of his actions. He nodded as a sign that he had heard Bright's explanation.

Bright smiled, seeing how embarrassed Gulf was. His cheeks and ears were red. It was so cute, he wanted to pinch them.

"Are you done being jealous then?" Bright asked, his smile still on his face.

"I told you I am not jealous," Gulf said, defending himself.

"Yes, yes... I understand," Bright only nodded. He couldn't argue with how cute Gulf was.

"Anyway, all that doesn't mean you don't like him," Gulf suddenly said, pouting.

"Seriously? After all the explanation?" Bright said, raising his eyebrow.

"Well, you're the one who said he was pretty," Gulf said.

"That was in the past. Now, I only see him as a little brother," Bright said, smirking.

"Hmmm," Gulf only nodded. He didn't want to be embarrassed anymore.

"So... You're staying?" Bright asked, hoping for a positive answer.

Gulf stayed quiet for a while. All the misunderstandings had been resolved, but what now? This was his chance to leave Bright.

"No, I should go. I should leave," Gulf said, turning away.

"What? Why?" Bright asked. After all the conversation, he still wanted to leave.

"I shouldn't stay here," Gulf said.

Bright panicked when he saw Gulf walking away, so he went for his last resort.

"I know it's you, Gulf Kanawut Traipipattanapong," Bright confessed. He had planned to reveal it gradually, but he needed Gulf to stay.

Gulf's eyes widened at the mention of his family name. He froze in his place. No one should know about it.

"You...," Gulf turned to face Bright.

"It's you... The son of Master Kittisak. The one I've been looking for."

TBC