Part 29

Gulf returned from Win's room. The fear was still there, so Gulf was comforting Win. When Gulf returned, he saw Bright standing there.

"Gulf..." Bright called out, slowly.

Gulf didn't say anything. He was still upset about the incident.

"I-" Bright started but got cut off.

"Just because he doesn't have money, doesn't mean he wanted to kill you," Gulf said, walking past Bright.

"Gulf..." Bright reached out, taking Gulf's hand.

Gulf sighed. He let Bright pull him closer.

"I'm sorry...I should have asked you firsthand," Bright said, pouting.

Gulf looked up and saw Bright genuinely felt sorry. He then nodded as a sign that he understood.

"Say something, please...I can't if you don't talk to me..." Bright said, placing his hand on Gulf's cheek.

Gulf only raised his eyebrow.

"Gulf...I promise I won't do that again...I'll discuss it with you if things like this happen again...Please..." Bright said, still pouting.

"Okay...I'll forgive you," Gulf said, sighing. He couldn't stay mad at Bright for too long.

Bright brightened up. He felt happy when he heard Gulf's voice. It was like music to him.

The next day, Gulf was reading in his room when Bright came to bring him outside for lunch. Gulf was wearing a large sweatshirt and shorts.

"You look good," Bright said, smirking.

"Thank you," Gulf said, standing up. He wanted to change.

"Wait," Bright suddenly pulled Gulf by the waist. Surprised by the action, Gulf yelped.

"What?" Gulf asked.

"I just wanted to see you like this a little longer, love" Bright smiled widely.

Gulf was taken aback.

"Love? Why did you call me that?" Gulf raised his eyebrow.

"Why? It's because it's true," Bright said, raising his eyebrow.

"But...you never said you love me before...And as I remember, you never asked me to be your lover," Gulf said, smiling teasingly.

"Really? All the actions that I've done, you never see the signs?" Bright said.

"Yeah," Gulf nodded. He remembered they didn't even exchange the word love.

Bright narrowed his eyes before pulling Gulf closer by the waist and placing one hand at Gulf's neck. Gulf was surprised by the action, but he wasn't prepared for what happened next.

Bright came closer to Gulf and kissed him on the lips.

"Nnghhh" Gulf was shocked by the action.

Bright continued kissing Gulf, and Gulf allowed himself to be swept away by the kiss. He held Bright's arms, and Bright received the action as a sign, so he licked Gulf's lower lip for permission, which Gulf gladly gave. The kiss was not innocent. It was passionate as if Bright was emphasizing something. He wanted Gulf to know how deep his love was.

After a few moments, they both parted to catch their breath. Bright leaned against Gulf. He waited for Gulf to catch his breath before speaking up.

"I love you...Be my partner, my boyfriend, and the love of my life. Stay with me, love..." Bright said, still catching his breath.

Gulf smiled, hearing the words he had been waiting for. He nodded.

"I love you too," Gulf said, smiling.

A few days passed, and Gulf was preparing coffee. His days were good as Bright finally confessed his feelings. Suddenly, Dew came toward him.

"Boss told me to bring you," Dew said, looking distressed.

Gulf furrowed his brow, but he saw how distressed Dew was, so he nodded. Dew brought Gulf to his room, and there, Win was already waiting.

"What happened? Where's Bright?" Gulf turned towards Dew.

"This is an order from Boss. He wanted you to stay here until he comes," Dew said, quickly locking the door before leaving.

Gulf couldn't say anything. He wanted to ask more questions, but then he received a text from Bright.

Stay where you are. I'll tell you later, but please don't leave the room in any way. Don't open the door for anyone except me, love - Bright

This made Gulf more confused. What happened? Was there a fight?

"P... I'm scared," Win said, pouting.

"It's okay, we'll be fine. I'm here to protect you if anything happens," Gulf said, holding Win's hand.

At that moment, Win was so grateful for Gulf. He never thought he would have someone so caring in his life. He was even better than Win's parents.

"I don't care! Bring him to me! Or else!" A voice yelled out. Win was surprised to hear the voice. It sounded scary, and Gulf noticed that the voice was familiar.

The place quieted for a while. Gulf was anxious about the situation. He then went to the bathroom to wash his face. Suddenly, he heard knocks. He remembered that Bright had asked him not to open the door unless it was him. But then, he heard the door open.

Win!

Gulf realized that he forgot to tell Win about that. He quickly went to the door.

"P...!" Win was held by two people. Win desperately reached out to Gulf.

"Let him go!" Gulf then went to attack the men.

One tried to punch Gulf, but he evaded it and kicked him. Then, he attacked the vital points, immobilizing the man. The other was shocked, so he pushed Win aside to attack Gulf, but Gulf managed to evade the attack and immobilize him too. Both men fell.

"P!" Win quickly went to hide behind Gulf. Gulf hugged Win tightly; he was worried about him.

"Well, well... Those two are weak as usual," a large man came in. Gulf then shielded Win.

The man was larger and more agile than the others. Gulf had a hard time fighting him. The man managed to choke Gulf. Gulf was losing his breath, and suddenly a chair flew towards the man. Win had thrown the chair towards the man, causing him to let go of Gulf.

"You bitch!" The man went to Win and slapped him, causing Win to fall.

Gulf then regained his composure and continued to fight. He wanted to yell for Bright, but he knew that Bright was facing something bigger. The man once again punched Gulf in the stomach, making Gulf fall to the ground. The man approached Gulf. Gulf wanted to stand up again when suddenly the man fell.

Gulf looked at the man and saw that his legs were bleeding. Someone had shot him.

"How dare you touch him,"

TBC