Part 3

"How was Europe? I heard there was some argument," Dew handed Bright a glass of whiskey.

They were now in Bright's office. Bright's main base for his business was his house.

"It's fine," Bright took a sip of the whiskey.

"Well, thank you for the great description," Dew sat opposite Bright.

Bright shot Dew a glare. Dew raised both hands as a sign of surrender and apology.

"Oh, I forgot to give you this. The Ritthirong agreed to give us their piece of land as long as we support them during their fight next month. Just waiting for your approval, Boss," Dew placed a file on the table.

"Hmmm," Bright put down his glass and took the file. He quickly skimmed through it and then put it down again.

"Approved," Bright took another sip of his whiskey.

"Geez, at least make an effort to look at them. I made it perfect this time," Dew took back the file.

Bright shot Dew a look.

"Fine, Boss. We'll proceed with our plan," Dew bowed before leaving.

Dew was used to Bright's attitude. He considered himself lucky that Bright responded to him whenever they talk about things outside the business. If it's other, Bright would never look at them unless it's business. Bright never showed interest in anyone outside of business.

"I wonder how he'll react when I tell him that the boy went missing," Dew smirked. It was the first time Bright wanted to take collateral alive. Previously, he would just kill them.

Bright stayed there, looking at the night view from his window. Suddenly, he remembered the hostage he talked to before. Why hadn't anyone brought him yet? He pressed a button calling his assistant.

He could hear the sound of his assistant's heels as she hurried toward him. She knocked on the door before entering, visibly panicked.

"Do you need anything, Boss?" The assistant asked, her voice trembling. Bright's presence sent shivers down her spine.

"Bring me the boy," Bright commanded.

"The... The boy?" The assistant asked. She had been informed that the boy had run away, but she couldn't bring herself to tell Bright. She had hoped that Dew would inform him instead.

Bright stared at the woman. After a few minutes, the assistant finally mustered the courage, to tell the truth.

"The... The boy ran away," the assistant lowered her head, bracing herself for the consequences.

"What?" Bright raised his voice.

"They... they lost the boy. But they assured me that they would find him—" A glass flew towards her.

The assistant quickly ducked, narrowly avoiding being hit by the glass. It shattered against the wall behind her, and a few shards grazed her hand. She winced in pain.

"10 a.m. I want the boy in front of me by 10," Bright commanded.

"Yes, Boss," the assistant quickly nodded.

"Leave," Bright waved the assistant away.

The assistant wasted no time leaving the office.

On the other side,

"Thank you for coming," Win smiled at the customer and bowed. It was their last customer for the day.

"Good work, Win," Gulf untied his apron.

"You did a great job too, P," Win said, taking off his apron.

"Oh, after this, I wanted to bring you to my house. You could live there for the time being," Gulf said as he washed his hands.

"The apartment is not your house, P?" Win asked.

"No. I prefer to live closer to the cafe. That is my parents' house. But they passed away a few years ago, so the house has been empty. You can live there," Gulf explained.

"Is it because I'm a hassle to you at your apartment, P?" Win asked, scared of people leaving him again.

"No. It is just that the apartment is too small for both of us. I can't let you sleep on the sofa forever. Besides, my house would be safer. It's in a gated community with 24-hour security," Gulf explained.

"Hmmm... Then, I guess I could live there," Win said. He would have preferred to live with Gulf, but he understood that Gulf was worried about his safety.

"Pack your bags, I'll bring you there. And since you know how to drive, you can use my old car," Gulf said, heading upstairs.

"But, P... It's too much. You've already done so much for me," Win caught up with Gulf.

"Don't worry about it. It's my pleasure to help," Gulf smiled.

Gulf then brought Win to his parent's house. It was a two-story house with a car parked in the garage. Gulf told Win he could stay in his old room and use his old car. Gulf suggested that Win should go shopping on his day off. Win has questions in his head about Gulf's wealth but decided to keep it himself.

On the other side (the next morning),

"Repeat that," Bright shot a death glare at A and B, who knelt in front of him.

"The boy ran away through the window, and we searched for him the whole night, but we couldn't find him in his town," An explained. Their bodies trembled in front of Bright.

"What about other towns? Did you even think about that?" Bright lowered his voice.

"We..." Both of them fell silent. It seemed like they hadn't considered checking other towns.

Just then, Bright pulled out his gun and shot both of them in the head. Dew entered the room after a few minutes.

"Geez, You could have at least shot them outside your office. It's a hassle to clean the blood from the carpet," Dew pushed one of the bodies with his foot.

"Find him, or you'll be next,"

TBC