Part 6

Today, Gulf would be alone as he had sent Win off somewhere.

"Hi, may I take your order?" Gulf was surprised to see the man who had handed him the card before was standing in front of him.

"I would like to have a latte, please," the man smiled.

"Sure, sir," Gulf proceeded with the payment. When the man handed him the money, he pulled Gulf closer.

"I gave you a chance before. Now the karma's on you," the man smirked.

Gulf ignored his comment.

"Your coffee will be done in a minute, sir," Gulf tried hard to keep his smile as he pulled the money a bit harder.

"Sure," the man said.

He stepped aside to wait for his coffee, staring at Gulf the whole time. He observed how Gulf swiftly made his coffee and noticed how his face lit up every time he prepared a cup. Interesting.

"Sir, your latte is done," Gulf placed the coffee on the counter.

"Thank you... Gulf," the man looked at Gulf's nametag.

Gulf nodded and turned around, but he was stopped by the man's voice.

"Dew," the man spoke up.

"Excuse me, sir?" Gulf raised his right eyebrow.

"My name is Dew," Dew showed his usual smile.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. Dew," Gulf bowed and proceeded to talk with other customers.

"I wonder if you would call me that the next time we meet," Dew thought before leaving the cafe.

Gulf saw Dew leaving the cafe from the corner of his eyes. He let out a relieved sigh.

"Gosh... Thank goodness they never attack during the morning. Otherwise, I would lose my customers," Gulf thought.

Dew took a look at his cup and then threw it in the bin.

"Sorry, but coffee is not my cup of tea," Dew said before riding his motorbike.

The sound of heels echoed throughout the house. Bright's assistant braced herself before knocking on the door.

"Boss... I have gathered the information you wanted," the assistant placed the file on Bright's table.

Bright picked up the file, which consisted of Win's personal information from birth to the present. On the last page, a few pages were talking about Havens Cafe. Bright only read the title then he pulled out the pages.

"What is this?" Bright raised the pages.

"The boy is now taking shelter in the cafe. That's why I thought you might want to know the cafe's information too," the assistant defended herself.

"Do you not know the meaning of 'important'? It means I don't want anything else except for this boy's information!" Bright crumpled the papers and threw them at the poor assistant.

"S-Sorry, Boss. I will make sure it won't happen again," the assistant bowed down, closing her eyes, fearing he might shoot her.

"Out. You're dismissed," Bright said curtly. The assistant nodded and hurriedly left the room, tears streaming down her face, relieved that she still had her life.

Bright studied the remaining contents of the file. He admitted he was a little interested in the boy as he has a pretty face.

"Fuh... I'm tired," Gulf sat down on his sofa and closed his eyes.

"They will come tomorrow. The soreness from yesterday is not healed yet," Gulf suddenly said.

Morning came, and Gulf and Win were cleaning the cafe.

"P... Is it safe for me to help you even after they know where I am?" Win asked while tying his apron.

"Yes. They never attack during the morning. You can leave before 6," Gulf tied his apron.

"How did you know that, P?" Win faced Gulf.

"I heard rumors. They said it was to gain favor from the locals. Besides, they won't use weapons on the locals, so it's easier for me," Gulf explained.

Win nodded, amazed at how Gulf seemed to have so much information, but then again, Gulf was from this town.

"Thank you for coming," Gulf bowed to the last customer. Win had left the cafe earlier to avoid the mafia.

The clock struck midnight, and the door was forcibly opened. Gulf purposely hadn't locked it.

"Right on time," Gulf stood up. This time, there were five people.

"Give us the boy!" one person demanded while launching an attack on Gulf. Gulf quickly evaded the attack.

Even with a higher number of men, Gulf was able to dodge every punch and kick. He used the power of each man to attack their people. The fight lasted 30 minutes, and the five men were left on the ground. One man approached Gulf quietly, wielding a chair, ready to strike. But before Gulf could evade, the man fell, revealing Dew behind him.

"I told you no weapons!" Dew had hit the man's vital points, rendering him unconscious.

Gulf just stood there, knowing that the man wouldn't attack him since he looked like he was a higher-up.

"We'll come back again. Same time," Dew smirked before leaving the cafe. The men quickly followed Dew.

Gulf then sat down. He had been hit in the stomach, and he had lost focus for a second.

"Gosh, how did they train those guys to have such strong punches?" Gulf bit down on his lower lip.

"Explain this!" Bright threw his whiskey glass toward the men who were kneeling. Not one person dared to look up.

"It's my fault, Boss. One of them tried to use a weapon, so I stopped the fight. But I could see that our men were losing," Dew spoke up. Bright shot a glare at Dew before speaking.

"Bring people from a higher rank. This time, I'll be there too"

TBC