chapter 9

We rushed back to the apartment and luckily got back in time. We made ourselves a quick avocado toast for breakfast and sat in the living room.

"What are the chances that someone in their friend group likes f1, and Carlos sainz is your brother!" Carla says
I shrug, "yeah, but I definitely don't think we know each other well enough to tell them" I say.
"I know, it's just such a coincidence" she replies.
"Yeah I wonder whose helmet that was. I mean I only really know Carlos, and now Charles" I say
"Yeah yeah we get it, you don't really like f1" she laughs.
"It's okay" I smile.

We pay attention as the national anthem begins playing.

The race then begins, and I do a quick prayer for Carlos. Hoping for the best.

____

The race ends, and Carlos ends in P7, not the best race but not the worst. I quickly grab my phone to send him a message.

Chili ❣️

sorry it didn't go too well today chili, you did your best :/ Im proud of u

gracias tina, I'll see u soon :)

"That must be Carlos teammate" Carla says. I set my phone down and look up, "who?"
"Ugh he passed already, you missed it" she says.

I shrug it off. Not to hate on anyone else, but I really only care about Carlos on the grid. I never really pay attention to anyone else. Plus I only recently started watching again, so I have a lot to catch up on.

It's now around 2pm, and it's a nice day out. Clara and I agree on going to have a nice, chill day at the beach. We each pack a small bag, and change so we can head out.

With our bags in hand, we head outside to wait for the Uber. When he arrives eventually, we sit in the back and he heads off.

When Clara and I were younger, we'd walk to the beach all the time as kids. It's weird to see how things have changed. And now that I think about it, I hadn't once thought of Fernando the last few days. I felt at peace, I felt happy.

____

We arrive at the beach, and walk down to the shore. It's not too busy today. But it's beautiful out. Of course each beach has its own beauties, and this one brought me peace.

"So are we on the lookout for any hotties today?" She winks as she looks at me.
"I don't know, I don't think so" I laugh.
She shoves me lightly. "Come on Tina, you're beautiful, so kind and sweet. You deserve to be happy for once" she says.
I smile, "I was-"
"Don't you dare say you were ever happy in that relationship. It was toxic, and you knew it" she sighs.
I looked away, tears in my eyes.
"Yeah, I know" I say.
"Aww, Tina, no llores. You'll find someone who deserves your love and care. I'm here for you always" she hugs me. I wipe my tears.
"Gracias Clara, you're the best" I hug her back.

valentinna02 103,839 likes where the hotties at 😗

valentinna02
103,839 likes
where the hotties at 😗

We end the day at the beach, and take an Uber back home before it's too late. We rush inside since it suddenly begins to rain. We order some takeout, while we both shower and get ready for bed.

Carlos comes back tomorrow and we have to make sure to wake up early to get the house in shape.

the next day.

After returning from my workout, I rush back to shower and get dressed. Carlos should be here in about 2 hours, and I had to make sure the house was clean. Not that we were messy, but I didn't want him to come home to anything unorganized.

Clara helped me wipe down everything and we did a quick rundown of everything.

____

Clara and I sit in the living room watching tv, when we hear the door knob jiggle. I turn over and the door flings open, revealing Carlos.

I jump up and run over to him.
"Chili! I've missed you" I smile. He lifts me into his arms and laughs.
"I wasn't gone that long Tina" he says. I mess his hair up, causing him to roll his eyes. He walks in with his bags and locks the door.

He walks over and plops down on the couch with Clara and I.
"So I heard you had a lot of fun" he says looking at both of us.
"Just a bit" Clara smirks.
"Well I'm glad. It's good to have fun, but not too much" she says raising an eyebrow. Sometimes I forget he's my older brother.
"Mhm tell that to yourself too" I say. He turns away.
"We made some friends who don't live too far from here" I say.
"That's cool. What do they do?" He asks.
I freeze, "umm I'm not sure. Actually I didn't even ask, but they have a pretty decent following on social media" I say. Carlos looks confused, but shrugs it off.
"Maybe one day I'll meet them" he says. He lays his head back, which I know only means he's going to take a nap.

Lando POV
"I'm back bitches!" I yell as I fling the door open.
"Chill I'm on stream" max yells. I run over and mess up his hair.
"Sorry chat, I have to go" he says and quickly turns off the stream.
"How was the flight? Missed you man" he says hugging me. I laugh at his awkwardness.
"It was good. I guess I missed you all too. I can tell there was a party" I say looking around.
"Really?" He asks
"No idiot, I saw your post" I laugh.
I walk over to the kitchen to grab some water.
"Actually, who's that girl you were all hanging out with" I say taking a sip.

I remember as I scrolled through Instagram she caught my eye. She was so beautiful and her outfits made her look so amazing. Why does max never invite pretty girls when I'm home?

"Who? P?" He laughs.
"Shut up! You know who I'm talking about" I push him.
"Why?" He smirks.
"Just tell me" I blush and look away.
"Aww little lando has a crush" he coos.
"Are you going to tell me or not" I say pretending to throw some water on him.
"Chill chill. Okay! Her. Name is Tina, she's a Spanish girl I met. She also just blew up on TikTok and Instagram recently. She's very cool and she and P got along really well" he says.
"Oh, I see"
"Don't worry I didn't tell her who you were though. She didn't even recognize any of your helmets or anything. I guess she doesn't know who you are" he says walking away.
"She doesn't?" I smirk. That only intrigued me more.
"Invite her out tomorrow, I'm DJing" I yell. He turns back.
"Why?" He smirks.
"Don't test me max, just do it please. I'll owe you one" I say.
"I'll think about it!" He yells.

I roll my eyes as I sit down on the couch. I look her up on Instagram and TikTok. She's beautiful, she seems so chill too.

Eventually I realize I've been stalking her for the past half an hour. I can't wait to meet her though. I just know she'll fall in love with me.