chapter 26

days later

"Morning baby" im woken by a kiss placed on my lips. I smile as I open my eyes. Lando leans over the bed, shirtless and in shorts. It appears he just showered.
"Morning" I smile.
"Only one bad dream last night, there's improvement yeah?" He asks as he sits beside me. I sigh, and nod.

He was referring to the constant nightmares I'd been having after what happened with Fernando. It's been hard to sleep, I feel safe knowing he's locked away but I still replay the moment he kept me trapped.

"I'm here for you baby, you're safe now" he holds my hand, and I mean over to kiss him.

"Now time to get up" he smiles.
"Fine" I smile. We both laugh and I get up to get ready. It's about 4:30am, and I'm so tired. I walk to the bathroom to shower quickly and get changed.

Once I'm ready, I walk out and clean the bed. We slept at landos apartment today, and Carlos spent the night since we would be leaving early. I grab my luggage and walk out to the living room. I greet Carlos with a hug and set my bag by the door.

"I think we're ready, the Uber is downstairs already" Carlos yawns. I nod.
"I just want to say goodbye to P" I say. Lando smiles and I walk over to she and maxs room. I knock quietly, and hear them tell me to come in.

"Bye P I'm going to miss you, keep an eye on the boys" I joke, knowing Max is listening. She laughs.
"Have fun and be safe. I'll miss you too" she pulls me into a hug.

I wave goodbye and walk out, closing their door. Carlos grabs my luggage and we walk out the door.

We were on our way to the airport for the Las Vegas Grand Prix. I was so excited yet so nervous. Obviously it was my first Grand Prix in years. When I was younger I went to a few races my father, but Carlos was always the star child since he wanted to be a driver. I don't remember too much from the races either.

We arrive at the airport, and fans are already surrounding our entrance. This will be the first time I am publicly seen with both Carlos and Lando. Carlos steps out first, the security clear the way for us, or at least try to.

"Stay close to me" Lando whispers to me. I smile and he pecks my cheek. I follow him out of the car, and we each grab our luggage. Lando grabs onto my hand, and leads the way for us. The fans cheer and call out their name. I look away, but smile at the few fans I make eye contact with. Carlos stops to take a few pictures and such.

"I'll head in, why don't you stay back?" I whisper to Lando. He smiles and nods.
"Thank you" he replies. The security guard helps me inside, and Lando stays back to stay pictures and sign things.

I check us into our flight, so that once they're ready we can leave. They meet up with me, and we walk straight to security.

____

We were finally on the plane. Luckily we were provided with a flight through Mclaren. It was just Carlos, Lando, and I along with a few of the assistants and team members on a small jet. I sat across from Lando, and Carlos sat across the aisle from me. The sun was barley starting to rise, it was still so early.

"How are you feeling?" Lando turns to face me.
"Nervous" I laugh.
"Don't be. I promise everything will work out, I love you" he leans over and kisses my lips. I cup his face, and pass my hand over his bruises that are still noticeable.
"I love you more Lando" I lean over and kiss him again. He blushes and leans his chair back. He looks out the window and puts his headphones on.

I grab my blanket and cover myself. Lando let's me test my legs on his, and I hold his hand in my lap.

"Chili, you still afraid of planes?" I joke. He smiles, and laughs.
"Eres tonta" he replies.
"But yes" he adds. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Don't worry its only about a 15 hour flight" I joke.
"You're not funny" he says sarcastically.

valentinaa02 posted on their story; Vegas bound 🩵

landonorrissleeping beauty 🫶🏼user1: nooouser2: she's me frmaxfewtrell: why did she take her entire bed??    valentinna02: ^ don't start with me

landonorris
sleeping beauty 🫶🏼
user1: nooo
user2: she's me fr
maxfewtrell: why did she take her entire bed??
    valentinna02: ^ don't start with me

We arrive finally in Vegas. I'm so jet lagged and just want to lay in bed. We do our best to hurry off the plane and out of the airport.

We arrive at the hotel, and check into our rooms. I follow behind Carlos because originally I was coming with him and I didn't want to make him feel left out.
"I'll see you in a bit" I tell lando.
"Wait aren't you going with him?" Carlos raises his eyebrow.
"No, I was going with you" I reply.
"Tina, it's okay. Go on with lando" he smiles.
I pause.
"I promise, we'll see each other often either way" he says.
"Gracias chili, te quiero" I give him a big hug and he kisses my forehead.
"I'll see you both later for lunch" he smiles. Lando and I nod and we walk over to our room.

As soon as we walk in we race to the bed and lay down. Lando pulls me close to his side, I sigh and enjoy the bed and time together.