Chapter 29

a few months later.
"We'll see you soon then. Take care" my doctor says as I exit the room. I smile and nod as I walk out quickly. I make it to the Uber with tears in my eyes but quickly wipe them.

I was feeling really nervous about the news I just got. I wasn't sure what to do, how to feel.

I made my way to the apartment, and on the way I picked up some food for dinner. Carlos was away on a trip, and lando was supposed to stay over tonight.

When I got to the apartment, lando was already waiting in the lobby. He walked over and kissed me.
"Hey. Sorry to keep you waiting" I gave him a small smile.
"It's okay baby" he smiles back. He holds my hand and we walk over to the elevator and up to the apartment. We walk in and I place our food at the table. Lando walks over to look for plates and such.

Suddenly I just began crying, I break down. And feel anxious.
"Valentina! What's wrong? What's wrong my love?" Lando runs over to my side. I sob into his chest as he rubs my back. He sighs and wipes my tears.
"Baby, talk to me. What happened?" His jaw clenches.

I grab a paper out of my purse, it's folded. He grabs it and begins to open it as he reads.

Pregnancy Test result: positive
Ms. Valentina Sainz

His eyes light up, and he smiles.
"Baby.. why are you upset? This is amazing! I can't believe this" he says with tears of joy.
"Really? I thought you'd be upset. That you didn't want-"
"Baby. All I'm sure about is that I love you. And there's no one else I'd want to have kids with. I'm nervous but it's not the end of the world. I'm excited, and I'll be with you every step of the way. I promise" he pulls me to his side. I lean on his shoulder, as we look at the paper.
"I love you too lando. I just know this isn't how we planned things to go" I take a deep breath and wipe my tears.
"I know. We'll learn on the way. It'll be fine. I love you, and I love you" he kisses my lips and then my stomach, causing me to laugh.

Eventually we stand up, and sit at the table to have dinner. Lando did seem really excited, he couldn't stop talking about it. My pregnancy symptoms were very minimal, and until last week I wasn't feeling anything.
I began to feel nauseous and such so I went to the doctor, that's when I found out I was already
3 months into the pregnancy.

I was also beginning to feel nervous to tell Carlos. I didn't know how he'd react. This was all sudden. And lando and I had only been together for a year and a half at this point.

Lando POV
After dinner, I helped Valentina clean up the dining room and the kitchen. Afterwards we walked over to the living room, where I pulled her close to me. She rested her head on my lap, and I covered her with a blanket.

I could tell she was still nervous, I assume she's afraid to tell Carlos. Carlos has really become comfortable with our relationship, and everything has been fine but he's very intense. When Carlos gets mad, it's hard to get him to realize he's wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I was really nervous too. I don't feel prepared for this, but I don't want to scare her any more than she probably already is. And i do love her, I never felt this wash before. I knew I wanted to be with her, for the rest of my life. I know we can go through anything together. Things will be okay. Nothing will go wrong.

Eventually I look down and she's fast asleep. I kiss her cheek. I turn the tv off, and carefully get up. I take her into my arms and walk her over to the bedroom. She sleeps through mostly anything. Luckily she was already in sweats so she should be comfortable.

I head to the shower to get myself ready for bed. I can't stop smiling and the news. This is a feeling I've never had before and I can't contain my excitement.

short chapter bc I need to time skip a bit in the next chapter :))