Chapter 37

I wake up to the sound of thunder outside the window. I sigh and look over at the clock, 4:25am. I decide not to go back to bed since we had to be up in an hour either way.

I turn and realize I don't feel the warmth from lando, he's not in bed. I stand up, not sure where he might be since the bathroom light is off. I walk to the hallway, where i see the lamp on in the living room. I make my way down and to my surprise lando sat on the sofa, holding Olivia in his arms.

"Lan, why are you up?" I yawn as I walk over. He gives me a small smile. I sit beside him and lean over to see Olivia.
"Liv woke up with the thunder and started crying. I didn't want to wake you so I brought her over here to calm down" he replies. I mean against his shoulder, enjoying a moment with just the three of us. He leaned over and kissed me.
"Let me take her, you have to be up soon and will have a long day ahead of you" I yawn.
"No, it's okay. It's the least I can do, I'll be leave you soon to care for her alone" he sighs.
"Lan, I told you not to feel guilty about it. I promise it's okay" I lightly scratch his back, something I know he loves and that will calm him.
"I know. But I hate leaving"
"I hate that you're leaving. But it's only for a little. And soon we'll be able to travel with you" I smile. He nods feeling content for a moment.

We sit back, and try and get some rest.

____

It seemed like it was going to be such a depressing day with the weather. Which meant we were staying in all day.

Lando was showering currently while I fed Olivia. Carlos and Isa were up now as well. Carlos was getting ready and packing his last minute things. Luckily I helped lando last night so he was all set.

We had a quick breakfast together, and Isa was going to drive the boys to the airport so that we didn't have to take Olivia out in the cold.

"I'm going to miss you so much baby. I love you more than anything" lando says as he leans his forehead against mine. A tear slips down my eye, I wasn't sure why I was this sad but I was.
"I love you more Lan. Be safe and good luck, we'll be cheering you on" I smile as he wipes my tear. I lean in and kiss him, holding on longer than usual. He gives me a tight hug and let's go, kissing my forehead one last time.
"Goodbye my beautiful girl. Daddy will miss you so much" he leans down and kisses Olivias cheek, causing her to smile.

"Adios chili. Be safe and have such a great time. Good luck, I know you'll be great" I smile hugging Carlos.
"Gracias Tina. And don't worry I'll keep an eye on lando" he laughs.
"But just call us if anything happens. We'll be on the next flight back" he says. I nod.

We finish our goodbyes and the boys head out with Isa, leaving Olivia and I. I head back over to the living room. Well I guess this was it, a new beginning.

____

months later:
Today was it. This weekend was Landos birthday, and of course they were away for a race. I wanted to surprise him, and fly to Spain for the race. It all worked out because olivia was older, and it was a bit easier to travel now that she was doing more things. I would also hopefully get to see my parents and my sister even if it was only for one day. Isa agreed to go with me as well, so I would have some extra help.

I really wanted to see Carlos too. This season hadn't been going as well as he hoped. I'm not sure why. He didn't seem happy with how he was doing and everytime we talked he didn't seem content. I wasn't sure how long he would last on the team after this season, which was upsetting to think but I want what's best. Lando on the other hand was doing great at McLaren. He was averaging P5 and around. I was very proud of him and so grateful to share his happiness with him.

We waited in the lobby for our Uber to arrive. Olivia laid patiently in her car seat. She was such a well behaved baby. I couldn't believe she was almost a year old already.

We get into the car as he pulls up and he drives off toward the airport. We check in and walk toward our gate, ready for a long flight ahead of us.

____

We arrived finally in the warmth of Barcelona. I was so excited to be here. I couldn't wait to see lando and his reaction.

We had told Carlos about the surprise, so he told us which hotel they were staying out. Today was a rest day, since most of the drivers had a long trip here. Lando kept calling me, and I was ignoring his calls to not ruin the surprise.

We arrived at the hotel, where Carlos met us in the lobby. He then walked us up and showed us the way to landos room. He and Isa went their separate ways, and left Olivia and I to surprise lando.

I knocked on the door and waited patiently as I held Olivia and her car seat in one hand. The door opened slowly, revealing a very tired looking lando. His smile widened as he swung the door open.
"Valentina! It's really you?" He yelled causing me to laugh. I jumped onto his arms as he placed kisses all over my cheek.
"Surprise Lan" I cheered. I smiled and wiped the tear that formed on his face.
"Aww lan,I love you" I leaned in and kissed his lips.
"You don't know how happy I am to see you baby" he said sighing.
"And you too, I didn't forget you princess" he smiled leaning down. He lifted the car seat up, and Olivia opened her eyes. She giggled as she saw him. She loved lando, she was going to be such a daddy's girl. Everytime he was around she was always so happy.

I walked inside and shut the door behind.
"I really can't believe you're here" lando sighed as we all sat in the living room. He took Olivia out of the car seat and held her in his arms.
"I know I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But I wanted to surprise you, and I didn't want to miss out on your birthday" I smiled. He grabbed my hand.
"I love you both" he says.

valentinna02 posted on their story: baby liv missed daddy 🤍

The rest of the afternoon we spent handing out in landos room. Tomorrow was practice day 1 and landos birthday, so we wanted to take the day in to rest.

It was much easier with the three of us being together. Just a happy, small family. And I wouldn't choose it any other way