Chapter 35

few weeks later
It was finally the beginning of the new Formula One season. The first race this year was in Bahrain, far away from home. It was a bit upsetting because Lando would be away, so we had to adjust. We decided that until Olivia was at least 6 months we wouldn't travel with her. Of course Carlos was also going to be leaving so that left just us two alone.

Today we were having lunch with Isa, Carlos's girlfriend, before we had to meet the boys back at home. We've been getting along really well so far. She is really nice and she and Carlos seem to be doing great. I know they're trying to keep their relationship private, but people have already managed to find out by about their relationship.

After getting Olivia and myself ready, I headed downstairs to the garage so we could head out. I buckled her into the car seat and quickly got inside. I drove out of the city and to a nearby restaurant where we agreed to meet. I parked, and walked out to grab Olivia. As I walk up to the restaurant I see Isa waving through the window. I walk inside and meet her by the table.

"Vale! you made it" she says with a smile. I smile back and pull her into a hug as I set the car seat down.
"I know, I'm sorry I'm late" I reply.
"Don't worry, I'm glad you made it safely" she says.
"And you look so beautiful like always" she coos and pokes Olivia's cheek causing her to smile.

I sit in front of Isa at the booth she chose. I placed Olivia's car seat on a high chair so she's in between us.
"She's growing so fast everytime I see her" isa says.
"I know lando and I are so sad" I pout.
"I bet. But you both have been great. I know we haven't known each other for long but I am beyond impressed by you two. I can tell how much love there is between you" she says causing me to blush.
"I do love him. I'm the happiest I've ever been" I say.

The waitress walks over and we place our order. Once we order she walks away leaving us alone again.

"So are you going to Bahrain too?" I ask
"No. Carlos and I decided it's too early for me to make my official appearance. Maybe the next race"
I nod, "so what are you planning on doing in the meantime? Don't tell me you came just to say goodbye to Carlos"
"Well I was planning on going back home for a few days-"
"Oh my god. You don't have to do all that. You can stay with us" I smile.
"Really? You don't mind?"
"Not at all. You can keep me company since Olivia sleeps most of the day" I laugh.
"Sounds like a plan. Gracias" she smiles.

____

After lunch we head back to the apartment to meet the boys. It's a longer drive home since traffic is horrible.

I arrive before isa and wait for her in the lobby. When she arrives we all take the elevator up to our floor. I unlock the door and we enter into a quiet apartment. Clearly no one is home, lando could be at his apartment, or maybe they just haven't arrived. Carlos mentioned he'd be a bit late because he had to go buy a few things for tomorrow.

It's been a bit weird trying to figure out our lives. Since we know lando will have to travel often, and with Carlos most of the time, we haven't really gotten a place together. When they're both away Ill stay alone in the apartment either way. If we were to get our own place it would be the same. These past few weeks lando spends few nights in his old apartment with max and the group. He felt bad leaving them behind, max onviously understood, but lando still felt guilty. The majority of the nights he spent here so we could spend the most time together and with Olivia.
Maybe during summer break we could find our own place, or after we get married. Who knows what will happen.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I call out and accidentally wake Olivia causing her to cry. I pout as I feel bad, but realize no one is probably here. Isa turns the light on and we walk to the living room. I take Olivia out of her car seat and into my arms.
"There there Livy. It's okay. Mami is sorry I woke you" I lightly stroke her cheek to calm her. She continues to cry, I know she's pissed off that I woke her. She hates being woken, just like lando.
"Hey, I said I'm sorry" I smile as she pauses. It's funny it's almost like she understood me. She starts crying again as I rock her back and forth. Isa laughs in the background causing me to laugh with her.

Suddenly the door opens and in walks Lando.
"Hello-"
"Oh my. Who made my Livy cry?" He pouts walking over. He tosses his keys on the counter and rushes to my side. I hand Olivia to him and he soothes her. She pauses and stops crying as she watches him.
"Did you miss daddy?" Lando coos. She smiles and takes a deep breath before calming down.
I playfully roll my eyes.
"I'm sorry I left you with these two" lando jokes. I lightly smack him causing us all to laugh.
"I'm kidding. I love you baby. I missed you" he pouts and leans over to kiss me. I peck his cheeks and look over as Olivia giggles as she watches us.
"Me too. How was work?"
He sighs, "long and boring. Zak just talks and talks for hours. And Carlos just keeps asking silly questions" he smiles.
I laugh. He always gets impatient and I know he'd rather be out on the track.
"Well how is the team feeling about the race?"
"Confident, I suppose. At least Zak is and I hope he's right. The car seems alright but I don't know how it'll be against the other teams" he explains. I nod.
"Well I hope you both do really well. I know Carlos is really stressing for this year to go well" I reply. He nods.
"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a great racer, way better than myself" he smiles and pokes Olivia's cheek.

____

Later in the afternoon Carlos had arrived and we were all hanging out in the living room. We had some cheese and crackers with wine that Isa had served and were watching a movie.

"I have a surprise for you. Go get ready" lando whispered to me as I laid against him.
"What?"
"Go get ready. We're leaving" he smiles.
"But what about-"
"Carlos agreed to watch her. Come on, please" he pouts
"Really chili?" I look over at Carlos who seems to already know what we're talking about. He nods.
"Of course. We'll be okay, Olivia will be just fine, right?" He turns and smiles to Isa who nods.
"Okay. Fine" I smile. I stand up and walk over to the room to shower and get dressed.

When I walk out ready, lando is also ready and dressed in the living room. He held Olivia in his arms.
"Okay Livy, be good. I love you princess" lando kisses her cheek.
"I love you sweet girl. Mami will miss you" I pout and kiss her cheek as well. We hand her to carlos who smiles.
"Okay you two, have fun. But not too much. Lando has a early flight and I don't want to hear him complaining" carlos laughs. I roll my eyes and laugh.

We say goodbye and walk out with our hands interlocked. I smile as I look up at lando. He looked so hot today, I mean he always does but we hadn't been able to dress up a bit more than usual in awhile. He smelled amazing too and he had on that contagious smile like always.
"I love you Lan" I smiled as I faced him while we stood in the elevator. I stood on my tiptoes and placed a kiss on his lips, holding on a bit longer.
"I love you more baby" he winked and put his hands on my waist.