Chapter 22

"So we should probably tell Carlos, especially since he had someone else lined up for you" lando smiles as we drove back to my apartment. I laugh.
"He was only messing with us, he says he knew you were hiding"
"Sorry" he laughs.

We arrive at the apartment, hand in hand and walk inside. Carlos sits at the sofa reading a book. He looks over and smiles.
"How was dinner?" He asks us both.
"It was..amazing" I smile looking back at lando.
"Actually we would like to tell you something" Lando says as we take a seat. Carlos sets his book down and raises and eyebrow.
"We're dating!" We say in sync.
Carlos laughs.
"That's the big surprise?" He smiles.
"What? You're not happy?" I ask.
"Of course I am. I just knew this would happen" he shakes his head.

We hang out, the three of us and plan out our trip to Las Vegas. Now that people know Carlos and I are siblings, things will be different.

Everyone will know who I am, and it's not something I'm ready for. But it had to happen.

"I'm not sure if we should announce that we're together yet, what if-"
"Tina, I don't care what other people think. I only care about you. I want to be with you everywhere I go, hold your hand, kiss your lips. And show you off to everyone" lando smiles, taking my hand in his.
"But only if you feel comfortable" he adds.
"I am. I just have to get used to looks from people" I reply.
"I'll protect you, always will" he kisses my cheek.

I watch as Carlos smiles over at us, I can tell he is genuinely happy.

"I should head out then, it's getting late" Lando says as he stands up. I nod.
"Goodnight lando, I'll give you both your space" Carlos says as he walks over to his room.
"Thank you for tonight. I can't believe I'm the girlfriend of THE Lando Norris" I say.
"I'm not all that" he laughs, I can see him blush.
"You are everything to me. Get home safe, I'll see you tomorrow" I lean over and hug him.
"Goodnight baby, I'll see you tomorrow" he whispers in my ear. We look at each other and lean in for a kiss.

He lets go and waves as he walks out of the apartment. I feel myself scream internally. I can't believe it.

I walk over toward Carlos room.
"Gracias chili, for being okay with lando and I" I smile as I walk over and hug him.
"I just want you to be happy, you deserve it for once. Te quiero, buenas noches" he kisses my forehead.
"Te quiero, buenas noches"

I walk out of the room and head to mine to get ready for bed. I text Clara the good news and she's just as excited as I am. I miss her so much, hopefully she can fly over soon.

Carlos POV
Of course I'm not pumped that Valentina is dating lando, I'm still her overprotective older brother. Lando is a good friend of mine, like a younger brother. But I know how drivers can be, I am one myself. Sometimes we do things while traveling Meeting beautiful women. I hope lando won't mess things up because of that. But at the same time I feel safer knowing that lando will look after her with the situation with Fernando.

The police here have been searching for him, but no luck. I've set up cameras looking out of the apartment and haven't seen anything suspicious.

Lando POV
I walk down the street to my car, happy as ever. It's dark out, and few people out. Right as I'm about to make it to my car I'm pulled back by someone.
"What the fuck?" I yell back.
A guy around my age, but a bit taller stares at me.
"Leave Valentina alone, she's mine" he says. Suddenly I begin to recognize who it is from the night at the club.
"She doesn't want anything to do with you. Leave her alone!" I push him.
He laughs.
"Don't lie"
"Leave her alone, or I'll call the police right now. Be a real man and let her go, you hurt yer!"
"You don't know the real story" he yells back
"Leave or I'll call the cops" I say seriously.
He rolls his eyes and grabs my neck, be throws a punch at me which stings my eye.
I stand up and begin punching him back, I can't help myself. I continue hitting him to let off my anger.
"Hey! Stop it!" Someone walking by yells.
I throw my hoodie on and run toward my car, leaving Fernando there. I can't be in a scandal right now, I could be punished at work.

I speed off toward my apartment. I feel blood dripping down my nose and my eye burning. There's blood all over my hoodie.

I run inside to get myself cleaned up.
"And look who it is, land-" Max says, I can tell he's on stream.
"What the fuck? Sorry guys, I have to go" he says to the stream shutting off the camera.
"What happened?" He runs over to me. I take my hoodie off and use it to apply pressure on my nose.
"I ram into Fernando, Valentina's ex" I laugh.
"Stupid, you could have gotten hurt even worse" he smacks my head.
"Ow!"
"Go rinse off, next time just walk way" he smiles.
I laugh and head to the bathroom.

How am I going to explain this to Valentina. I don't want to scare her. I don't want to worry her, but I can't hide my injury. I'll have to talk to Carlos.