Chapter 44

a few months later:

Summer break was right around the corner for lando and Carlos, and I was excited they'd be back home. This meant planning out sometime for lando and I to get our own place and such. We had put the wedding on pause, honestly we hadn't had time to even discuss it. We hadn't seen each other besides through FaceTime, and things had been a bit rough. The McLaren car this year wasn't doing great at all. Carlos was worse than lando, but they were equally as frustrated. It was upsetting to see them this way. Many times when lando had DNF or simply finished at the bottom, it complicated our communication. I knew he needed space and being away made it hard.

Hopefully as these next few races passed, and summer break came along things would get better. Olivia was changing so much everyday. She was sitting on her own now, she was recognizing people, she was almost a year old.

This weekend was the Monaco Grand Prix, which meant that they would be back at least for a few days. In fact they would arrive tonight, so I was planning to have everything prepared.

I woke up late since Olivia and I slept late, she has a tooth coming in so it's been harder to get her to bed. When I wake up, I quietly walk out of the room so that she can sleep in.

I prepare my breakfast like usual, trying not to make so much noise. I have some oats and fruit and take them over to the living room to eat while I watch tv.

____

Hours had passed and Olivia was finally up. I changed her diaper and fed her some yogurt with fruit, she's finally able to eat a few more things. She loves to try new things. But with her tooth coming in, she's more fussy today so it takes us awhile tog eat through breakfast.

Once she's finished, we walk back to the room where I get her dressed for the day. I change her clothes, and put some lotion and sunscreen on her, since it was especially sunny out today and we were going out. I had to buy a few of the boys favorite snacks and meals for the time they'd be home.

Being home alone with Olivia for the majority of the time made it easy for me to keep the place organized and clean. Not much mess went on.

I carry Olivia over to the living room and set her down on her play mat. She's sitting up now, and sort of crawling. She mostly scoots everywhere, we're still working on it.

As soon as I set her down she begins to whine.
"Livy, it's okay. Play wihh tv your toys for just 2 minutes while mami gets your bag packed" I sigh as I caress her cheek. Her eyes water and her lips pout.

I try and distract her with a toy, but she's not having it.
I walk over to the refrigerator quickly and grab a small popsicle (intended for babies) that the doctor recommended I made from my breast milk. It's supposed to help soothe her tooth, and at this point I was desperate.

I hand her the holder, which is made like a binky and she immediately tries it out. I wipe her tears and kiss her head.

"Give me just two minutes Livy" I say and quickly walk away. I run to the room and grab the diaper bag. I pack extra diapers and wipes, and all those normal things.

Olivia seems more calm, but I can tell she's still upset. I finish grabbing everything I need, and get the stroller from the closet. I didn't intend on bothering max today. It was a nice sunny day out and we should be fine walking. Besides, Carlos sent us a stroller for Olivia's "half birthday", and it made it much easier.

"Ready to go for a walk Livy?" I smile walking over. She puts her arms out and pouts.
"It's okay amor. I know it hurts, mami is here" I sigh. I hate seeing her this way. She's usually much calmer and happier. It sucks for her to be suffering this way. I kiss her cheek and set her down in the stroller.

She continues with the popsicle binky, so it should keep her entertained for some time.

I toss my purse into the stroller storage and we head out the door. I check my phone quickly while we're on the elevator.

2 messages from: Chilii 🫶🏼
1 message from: Lan 💓
1 missed call from: Max Fewtrell

The elevator door opens and I walk to the lobby room. I pull to the side to check my notifs.

Chilii 🫶🏼
- buenos días hermanita!! I can't wait to see you and Olivia tonight. I should be boarding in about 3 hours, it's a long flight so I'll text you when we arrive :)
- oh, and I forgot to mention that Isa is also coming, but she might arrive a few hours before, hope that's okay?

-buenos diaas chili!! I know me too, I've missed you so much. don't worry about it, it's your apartment lol, Isa is always welcome :) I'm out running errands rn but should be back soon, safe travels 🫶🏼

Lan 💓
- morning baby, I can't wait to see my two beautiful girls today🥹. I'll be traveling all day so prob won't talk until tonight when I see u, love you

-morning lan❤️, can't wait to see you either, I've missed you like crazy 😔. Oh okay, no worries. Be safe we'll see you later. I love you too lando.

I called max back but he didn't pick up, so I went on my way. We first headed to the pharmacy nearby. I know after the races Carlos likes to take his electrolytes, so I wanted to stock up on some that both he and lando could use. While I was here I also bought a few nonfood items we needed.

Afterwards we head to the grocery store to buy our necessities. I buy their favorite snacks, and a few things to make a nice homemade dinner. I know with traveling it can make you miss homemade food, so I thought of making something nice. I had to hurry because Olivia was getting fussy once again.

I was third in line at checkout, and began to panic because she began crying even more.
"Shh come on Livy. It's okay. We're almost done" I sigh and try to soothe her. It's not working though.

I decide to pick her up in the meantime. I rock her side to side and lean her against me. She continues to cry, and at this point I just want to cry too. The man in front of me suddenly turns around, and I feel embarrassed at first. But he gives me a small smile.

"Teething?" He says in a slightly accented English.
I sigh and nod.
"It's been a nightmare" I laugh.
"I know what you mean" he laughs.
"Here let me help you" he says. He begins to help me unload my basket onto the counter, as he lets me in front of him.
"Thank you" I smile.

"Of course. you should try refrigerating her pacifier, or buying one of those silicon teethers. Works like a charm" he explains.
"Oh, um thanks. You have kids I assume?" I hesitate to ask at first. He seems young. But then again, here I am too.
He shakes his head quickly.
"No no., not yet" he laughs. I raise my eyebrow.
"I spend a lot of time with my goddaughter. We're very close, she's still a baby" he explains.
"Oh. Well you'll be prepared for the future then" I laugh. He smiles.

I pay and the man helps me load my bags into the stroller.
"Thank you so much" I say, he smiles back and nods.

He pays quickly because he only has a few items, and follows me right out.
"Maybe I'll see you around then. It was nice meeting you both. She's very beautiful" he smiles.
"Yeah, you too"
"I , I mean nice meeting you too" I laugh.
"Right. What's your name?" He laughs.
"Valentina. And you?"
"Charles" he says confidently. His smile is very contagious, his dimples form at both sides and he has this charisma to him.
"Thanks again, Charles. I didn't know what I would've done without you back there" I joke.
"Well I don't mind. It must be hard doing it alone" he says.

I nod. I feel myself stare off into the distance as I reminisce. It has been hard doing it alone. I don't like doing it alone. It's hard on both Valentina and I.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"
"No no it's okay. Thanks again anyway. Hopefully we see you around" I smile.
"I hope so too" he winks and walks away. I see him put his hoodie on and sunglasses, almost covering his face.

He then enters a very fancy Ferrari parked near the entrance. He's sweet and rich? Who is this kid?