Chapter 45

Charles POV
"Carlitoos" I smile as I extend my arms out to hug an old friend who I was picking up from the airport.
"Charles, get in!" I yell after giving him a quick hug. We both laugh as I lock the doors and drive off quickly.

I flew in a day early to prepare for the race here in Monaco, and of course I loved being home. Carlos and I had been talking more often, and obviously we know each other from the f1 world.

"Thanks for picking me up. I wanted to surprise my sister by coming on early" he smiles.
"No problem. I was nearby just grabbing a few things from the grocery, I ran a bit late. I had to help out this poor girl at the checkout. She was pretty and very nice though" I smile as I pictured her.
"And she didn't recognize you?"
"Nope. That's the weird thing" I laugh.
"Anyway. I had a great meeting earlier with my manager and Ferrari" he winks.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, it looks like I'll be getting some good news soon"
"Good. I'm glad I hope it goes well"
"Yeah. I just feel bad for lando. We've become good mates and are very close. But things have just been difficult with the issues with the car, and such"
"I understand. But I'm sure he'll be okay. You can't expect to be on the same team forever anyways. This happens all the time. We can all still get along regardless"
"Yeah you're right. But remember, keep this between us. I don't want the other drivers to find out for now. We dorm have a few more months left in the season" he says.
"Promise I won't say anything" I smile.

I drive toward his apartment and drop him off at the entrance. He thanks me and I drive off, headed to my own apartment.

Valentina POV
Olivia had just gone down for her nap, so I took advantage of the time and began to put the groceries away and cook dinner. Lando and Carlos wouldn't arrive until later tonight, but I still wanted to have everything ready.

Just as I was washing the dishes I had used, I heard the doorknob twist. I froze, unsure of who it could be.

"Max?" I call out as the door opens up.
My fear goes away as the door shuts and reveals my sweet brother.
"Chili!" I say and run over. He takes me into his arms and we hug each other. It had been forever since I'd seen him. He kissed my forehead and smiled as he let go.
"It smells great Tina, what are you doing?" He says putting his things down.
"What are YOU doing? I thought you were flying later with lando"
"Nope. Decided to come home early" he smiles.
"Well I'm glad to see you. I was making our typical paella. Thought you would miss some homemade food" I reply.
"I sure did" he says sitting down.

As I finish up dinner, he sits and watches me as we catch up. It's really been so long since I'd seen them. Almost half a year. Valentina was soon turning one, and it felt like they missed half of her newborn months. Carlos and Isa were doing great though, and I was happy for them. Isa was flying in the day of the race, so she'd miss practice.

"So how are things with you and lando?" He clears his throat.
"Fine. You know it's hard being away from each other for so long. Especially now with Livy"
He nods but his reaction seems unsure.
"Yeah I get it. He's just been distant, we haven't been seeing eye to eye all the time, so I hadn't had the chance to ask him"
"Oh. Is everything okay?" I ask
"You know just difference of opinion with the car and all. Work things" he smiles.
I nod.

I didn't know it was affecting them, neither had said anything. I feel in an awkward position now but hopefully things work out better.

____

Few hours later Olivia had woken. It took her awhile to get used to Carlos, but she recognized his voice from FaceTimes we had done. Eventually she allowed him to carry her and she began to get along with him.

Carlos had dinner along with Livy, and I decided to wait for lando. He should be here right before her bath time, so it would just be us two.

"Okay Livy, we should let your Tio chili get some rest. He has to work tomorrow" I say and walk over to them. They sat on the floor and played with Olivia's toys. She looks up at me causing me to laugh.
"It's okay, I can keep her company" Carlos replies.
"Chili, you look tired. And you'll have to wake early. Go get ready for bed. I know you've missed sleeping in your own bed" I smile. He gives in and nods.
"Buenas noches mi princesita" he coos and kisses Olivia's cheek causing her to smile.
"Buenas noches tina" he says and gives me a hug. He grabs his bags and walks them over to his room before shutting the door.

"Okay Livy, daddy should be here soon. Just a few more hours" I smile and sit her in my lap.

I watch tv while she plays for a bit in the meantime. Lando said he would take an Uber here so I didn't have to worry about picking him up.

____

Livy was beginning to get fussy, but I tried to distract her so she could at least see lando before she went to bed. Just as I was about to give up I hear the doorknob twist. I stand up and smile and we look over.

The door flings open to reveal my sweet boy. The one I've missed so much. He stands with his goofy grin, and his eyes water. I walk over to him with Olivia in my arms and he holds his arms out, wrapping his arms around us.

"I've missed you so much baby" he whispers as he holds me in his arms.