chapter 12

Valentina POV
After a few minutes of hanging out with max and p, lando and I get ready to head out.
"Okay kids, be safe" max smirks as lando opens the door for me. We laugh and shake our heads.
"Bye max" lando says.

He grabs my arm and leads me down to the parking garage. We make it to a very fancy sports car, looks very similar to the one Carlos has.

"This is maxs car, but we'll borrow it for tonight. My car isn't the most discreet" he laughs.
"Fine with me" I reply and he opens the door for me. I take a seat and he walks around to the driver door.

I watch as he looks around trying to find something.
"Everything okay?" I ask.
"Sorry, just trying to figure out where the heater is on this thing, it's a bit cold" he replies.
"Right here" I say and point to the button on the dash.

He turns the heater on, and then looks surprised as he turns to me.
"How'd you know? Been in a McLaren before?" 
"Yes actually. I have a friend who has one" I reply.
"Huh, must be a rich friend" he smiles and begins to exit the parking.

We drive off, listening to the music very quietly as we talk. He's very easy to talk to, and a great listener. Funny, and curious at the same time. I felt as though I'd known him forever.

We make it to the movies, and luckily there doesn't seem to be many people here. He throws on his sunglasses before we head out. He exits the car and walks around to open my door. Holding my hand again, like a gentlemen, all the way to the front door.

We buy two tickets to the movie, and walk over to buy some snacks.
"It's so empty today" I say as I look around.
"Not many people come to the movies in this town. Guess they just pay to watch at home" he shrugs.
"That's weird. In my old town, I used to go almost every weekend with my siblings when we were younger" I reply.
"Ah so you don't have siblings"
"I do. Did I give off only child vibes?" I laugh.
"No no, but I don't know" he replies laughing.
"I have two siblings. They're both older" I say.
"Cool, and they're back in Spain still?"
I pause, "well my sister is. My brother travels a lot" I reply.
"But what about you?" I ask.
"I have two sisters and a brother, but not here" he says handing me a bag of popcorn.

We finish grabbing our snacks and walk over to the theatre. He sits beside me, as the previews begin. We're seated right in the middle of the auditorium, and so far there only seems to be two others in the room.

"I just realized the movies is kind of a terrible first date" he laughs as he turns to look at me. I laugh and turn to face him too.
"Oh I didn't know this was a date?" I raise my eyebrow, and say sarcastically.
"Okay you got me there. My bad" he replies.
"I'm joking. If you want it to be a date, im more than happy" I smirk. He smiles and takes a sip of his drink.

We continue to talk as the previews pass. Just dumb things. Im glad he hadn't asked too many personal questions, I don't know how to keep being a Sainz a secret for too much longer. But the weird, random things we talk about make it a nice enjoyable time. I feel free from the outside world. Time goes too fast when we're together, because suddenly it's halfway through the movie.

We notice people giving us their side eye, so we decide to leave instead. We don't want to ruin their movie for them. We sneak out through the side and laugh as we make it to the hallway.
"Okay maybe a poor choice of place" I say.
We throw our trash out and walk out to the parking lot.

Lando turns the music on, and turns to face me. The moonlight makes it so we can still see each other. His smile is so contagious, his adorable dimples cause me to smile back at him.

"What?" He smirks.
"Nothing" I reply.
"Come on tell me" he lightly nudges me.
"This is so embarrassing. You're just really good looking" I say looking away. He giggles and turns my face to face him.
"Thank you beautiful" he puts my hair behind my ear.

Instantly I feel butterflies in my stomach. Something I haven't felt in a long time. Without thinking I begin to lean in, as I feel him lean in. Our lips touch, it's a soft yet perfect kiss. I can feel his smile, I smile back and pull away.

"Sorry I-"
"Stop. It was amazing" he says smirking. I blush as I lean back on the seat.
"I love this song" I say turning it up a bit.
"No way, me too" he says.

"Last last" we both say in sync, we laugh and continue to sing. It doesn't even feel like a first date. I'm really liking this boy, and I wasn't expecting to fall so hard easily.

My phone vibrates and I turn to look at it.

Chili ❣️

you okay? how's it going?

im okay :) everything's perfect

great to hear :) need me to pick you up?

no, not yet. maybe in like an hour?

sounds good. txt me if anything

okay, gracias chili ! 

I turn my phone over and look to lando.

"Everything okay?"
"Yes, sorry" I reply.
"Okay good. Should we head back to the apartment?" He asks. I nod. He begins to drive away as we continue taking turns choosing a song.

We make it back to the apartment, and head up to the room. We're very quiet because it seems like either everyone is asleep or no one is here. I sit on the couch besides lando.

"So how much longer are you here for?" He asks me.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, you said you were only visiting a friend right?"
"Oh. Right right. Um im not sure, I don't have a date so I'll probably stay long" I reply, forgetting the story I had made up. He smiles.
"Good. More time I get with you" he winks.
"So you like spending time with me, huh?" I smirk.
"So far yes. You're beautiful, funny, so kind. And hopefully I get to do this more often" he says, leaning in and placing a kiss on my lips. I follow his lead and kiss him back.
"We'll see about that" I reply.

____

About an hour later I get a message from Carlos letting me know he's across the street.
"I should head out. My friend is here to pick me up" I say to lando. He nods and stands up.
"want me to walk you down?" He asks.
"No that's okay. I'm fine, thank you though" I reply. He nods.
"I had a really great time lando. Thank you" I say kissing his cheek. He pulls me in for a hug.
"Me too beautiful. I hope to do it again soon" he replies. I nod and he opens the door for me.

I head towards the stairs as he shuts the door. I make my way outside and to the car.

"Have fun?" Carlos smiles as I shut the door.
"So much" I reply.

He drives off and we make it home. Luckily he doesn't ask too many questions.
"I'm really glad you're having fun Tina, and making friends. You deserve that and much more in the world. Te quiero hermanita" he says hugging me.
"Aww you're so sweet chili. Te quiero mas" i kiss his cheek.
"Buenas noches" he smiled kissing my forehead.
"Buenas noches Carlos" i reply as he walks out of my room.

I get ready for bed, in the best mood ever. I have never been happier. I can't wait until lando and Carlos can meet each other. I just know they'll get along so well.