Chapter 31

"España here we come!" I cheer as we walk through the security at the airport. Lando laughs at my reaction as people look around thinking Im crazy.

I was so excited to return to Madrid, even if it was only for a few days. I missed my parents and Blanca. I could tell Lando was nervous, but he tried to hide it. I know him too well by now to know what he's feeling. Compared to Fernando though, Lando was an angel so there was no way that my parents wouldn't like him.

We sat by the gate of our flight and waited for the plane to be called. Carlos said he had an important meeting to attend to, so he was flying later tonight. Lando wore his hoodie and sunglasses, trying to avoid anyone recognizing him. I leaned my head against him and we watched Max's stream together. I smiled at his giggling, he tried to hard to hold in his laugh at Max's comments. His face turned red and his eyes watered as he laughed.

I turned and noticed a little boy sitting across from us. He blushed as I waved at him. He wore a Ferrari shirt, and I realized that he had recognized Lando.

"Lan, I think he wants to say hi" I whisper to Lando. He moves his phone to the side, and sees the boy. He smiles and waves him over. His mother motions for him to come over, and he slowly makes his way.

"Hows it going mate? Heading on holiday?" Lando smiles as the boy stands in front of him, looking starstruck. The boy nods.

"Im good Mr. Lando, how are you?"
I pout at how adorable he is, very respectful and sweet.

"Just call me Lando bud. I'm not an old man. What's your name?" Lando lightly rustles his hair.
"Christopher, but my friends call me Chris" he says with a smile
"So you're a Ferrari fan?" Lando asks him.
"Everybodys a Ferrari fan" I wink as I quote Seb. The boy giggles.

"Yes I am. But you're one of my favorite drivers. When are you coming to Ferrari?" The boy said hopeful. I nudge Lando.
"Not sure about that. But maybe one day" Lando smiles.
"Here, lets take a picture for your mum" Lando adds. He picks the boy up and sets him on his lap. They smile and pose for his mother who takes the photo.

Lando then looks in his book bag and finds a McLaren hat with his number on it. He grabs a sharpie and signs it before handing it to the boy.

"Thank you Mr.- thank you Lando. Enjoy your vacations" the boy waves and walks back to his mother. He shares his excitement with his mother and she thanks us.

"He was sweet" I say to Lando.
He nods, "except for he was a Ferrari fan" he jokes.
"Lan!" I smack him playfully and we both laugh.

Our plane is then called and we stand up to board. Lando and I sit in first class beside each other. He puts our bags in the overhead and sits beside me. I lean back, and he takes my hand and holds them in his lap.
I can't help but smile at his interaction with the young fan. I know he's going to be a great father to our child.

I put my AirPods on and close my eyes. Lando chooses a movie and sits back to watch.

____

We finally arrive in Madrid. It's a beautiful sunny day out, and I can't wait to get home already. My parents sent a driver for us, so we waited until he arrived. We set out things into the car and the driver drove off.

As we drive past the city, I show lando many of the places I grew up coming to. He follows along and smiles. I can tell he's still nervous though because he keeps playing with the bracelet on his wrist.

"Baby, don't be worried. I know my parents will love you. My mother already does" I nudge him with a smile.
"I hope so. I just want them to accept me. I get it though, it's one of our first times together and their daughter is already pregnant" he says
We both laugh.
"Everything will work out, I love you" I lean over and kiss his lips to calm him.

We arrive at my parents old house. With Fernando gone, it was safe for them to come back. Everything seemed in place now, and what had been broken was now fixed.

We got out of the car and the guard grabbed our luggage to wheel inside. I held landos hand as we walked up to the door. We walk inside and my parents and Blanca stood in the center.

"Surprise!" They cheered. I looked around and the balloons they had blown and a cake they had for us.
"Mami! Papi! I've missed you so much" I say running into their arms. They hug me back and kiss me cheek.
"We did too. I'm so glad you're here" my father says.
"Hermanita!" Blanca cheers as I walk over and hug her. Tears of joy fall from her, I missed her so much.

I look back at lando who stands by with a nervous smile. He looked so cute.

"Everyone, this is Lando. My boyfriend" I smile. He smiles back to them and begins to walk up.
"It's very nice to officially meet you both. Your daughter is the best thing that's ever happened to me" he puts his hand out for my father to shake. My father gives him a small smile and shakes his hand.
"Thank you for protecting my daughter. I'm glad you came along" my father says to him, catching me by surprise. He then walks to my mother who pulls him in for a hug. They had met previously already. He greets Blanca who winks at me when he's not looking. I can tell they'll get along well.

"Well, let's have lunch and then you can both go and rest. I know the flight must have sucked" my mother says. We nod and walk over to the table where the maid is setting the table. I greet her with a hug, and she smiles.

I sit beside lando and across are my parents. Blanca sits to the side. We begin to catch up on my time spent with Carlos and how things had been going at home. My father also seems very intrigued in landos f1 career, I might even say he's fangirling. They get along very well and I'm glad.

We haven't yet told my parents or Blanca yet so I was still very nervous.