Chapter 30

the next day.
Carlos was flying back in today from his trip. I was so nervous because we planned to tell him tonight. I'm happy with lando and that's most important. But I was still curious and nervous as to how Carlos would react.

Lando agreed to pick Carlos up on his way back from the office, so in the meantime I planned a small box for Carlos to open with the surprise.

It was still morning, and lando and I had breakfast before he left so I was just cleaning up the apartment before carlos returned.

____

"We're heree " I hear landos voice as the door swings open. I walk over from my room with a smile.
"Chilii" I give my brother a big hug, and he kisses my cheek.
"Tina, you're very happy today..surprisingly" he jokes.
"Don't test me"
He sets his things down and walks over to the kitchen. He also seems in happier spirits than usual. Interesting.

"What's for lunch?" He opens the refrigerator, typical Carlos.

Lando walks over and kisses me, putting his arm around me. I fix his small curl which sticks out from his hat, i then turn his hat around so it's backward. He winks at me causing me to giggle. Lando with his hat backward is always superior.

"You ready?" He whispers. I shake my head.
"It'll be okay. Promise" he pecks my lips and motions for me to walk over to the kitchen.

"Actually chili before we eat...I have a gift for you" I take a deep breath and walk over to the kitchen. Lando follows behind me and sits at the counter, with a smile. Carlos smirks and walks over.
"Oh wow a gift? What's the special occasion" he laughs. I slide the box over. He looks down and smiles.

Lando takes my hand into his and holds it tight, bringing me comfort and making me feel at ease. Carlos slowly opens the box and freezes.
"You're kidding..right?" He says with a straight face. I panic inside, unsure of his reaction.

He looks over at us, his jaw clenched.
"You're serious?" He turns red.
"Yes, it's not a joke" lando says with a smile. He's always been more confident and tends to not care what people think. I wish I was more like him.
Carlos sighs and walks away, leaving us both there.

Lando raises an eyebrow and we watch as Carlos walks to his room. He shuts the door behind him and we hear him yell.
"Carlos! What the fuck" I yell running over. Carlos opens the door, and stands there with a smile.
"What are you doing? Why did you do that?" I ask.
"I didn't want you to see me yelling duh" he says with a smirk.
I smack him, after scaring me.
"Tina, I'm so happy for you two I can't believe this" he says with his eyes watering.
"Really?"
"Yes of course. This is such a beautiful moment. I'm nervous for you both but I'm also excited. I can tell how much you both love each other" he says to me. I pull him into a hug. He holds me for a few seconds.
"Te quiero tina" he laughs.
He kisses my forehead and then let's me go.

He and lando hug each other and we walk back to the kitchen. I was surprised at his reaction, and didn't know if he was being genuine. But I don't plan on questioning him. Carlos pulls out the cake that read,

You're going to be an uncle! 

It was a simple cake, lando and I had make it together. And that meant mostly I did everything while lando just played music.
"Let's eat then!" Lando cheered. I laughed and stood to grab some plates.

"So how far are you?"
"Few weeks already. I didn't have any symptoms so I didn't realize until now. Soon we'll get to find out the gender" I reply. Carlos nods.
"Did you tell our parents yet?"
"No. I was thinking- well Lan thought it would be better to tell them in person. Maybe this weekend we can fly to Madrid for a few days" I explained. I turned to lando who was busy eating his cake but nods.
"And that way I can meet them finally in person, well your father at least" lando said nervously. I laughed.