Chapter 43

"I know, I know. It's okay princess" I sigh as I try and rock Olivia to bed. It was our second day back at home and she was being fussier than ever.

And of course it was much harder now that I was alone. I missed lando so much, more than ever. It's been much harder being away from him. And of course Carlos is away too, so being alone makes it more complicated.

Today we had to go to her checkup, and I had to run a few errands. Since we were out from home I had to restock on groceries. Today was also the first day of practice so I wanted to get home early to watch.

As soon as I managed to get Olivia down for her nap, I made sure to be as quiet as possible. I walked to the kitchen and began cleaning out the things that had gone bad. I had to throw a few things out and made a list of things I had to buy.

Halfway through my phone began to rang and I ran to try and silence the ringer so it would wake Olivia. She began to move a bit but I managed to stop it in time.

Incoming call: Lan 💗

(V) hello?

(L) good morning baby, how's it going?

(V)well you almost woke your daughter. I laugh.

(L)Oh my- did I really? I'm sorry. He laughs.

(V) It's okay. I just got her down to nap, she hasn't been sleeping well and she's been fussy, remember I told you.

(L) still? Maybe a tooth is coming in? Is it too early for that?

(V)Well I'll ask at the doc what they think.

(L) Oh right that's today. I'm sorry I can't be there.

(V) It's okay, you focus on the race. It's a big one and I'm hoping it goes well. I've been hearing it's supposed to rain in Rio.

(L) Yeah, it's been raining since we got here. I hope it clears up or they make a decision.

(V) yeah well me too.

(L) so are you going alone?

(V) I mean yeah. I have to head there first and then pick up some mail from my parents. And then I have to head to the market to buy a few things that are missing.

(L) have you talked to P or Max? Maybe one of them can go with you.

(V) no I don't want to bother them. I know they have things to do.

(L) but maybe it's easier and safer if someone goes.

(V) I'll be okay Lan. I promise.

(L) hmm okay fine.

*"Lando! It's time to go* I hear on the line.

(L) okay baby, I have to go to this meeting with Zack and Carlos. I'll call you tonight. It'll be around midnight when I should be done.

(V) okay I'll wait around, but Livy will be in bed by then.

(L) okay. I miss you both so much. I love you