chapter 19

"Ow Ow, slow down" Carlos whines.
"Chili, we're going like 2cm per minute" I laugh.

Carlos and I were walking out of the apartment and down to the parking lot. He had physical therapy at the office today, and we were struggling to get him out of the house to say the least.

When we finally get downstairs, I help him towards the passenger.
"What are you doing?" He stops.
"Well obviously I'm driving" I smile.
"Hell no! I'd rather walk"
"Chili, stop being a baby. Get in, we're going to be late"I laugh. He finally gives in and begins to head to the passenger seat.

I get into the driver and begin to shift the seat so I can reach the pedals. Obviously I know how to drive, I've just never driven with Carlos. He's very particular about that. With his hand in a fist, we drive off toward the McLaren office.

When we arrive, safely, I can't help but smirk. I drove almost perfectly, proving I'm a good driver. I help Carlos out of the car and help him with his bag. We head inside of the building where he begins to great everyone. We walk to the gym, where he'll meet with the doctors. To my surprise, the only other person in the gym is lando.

He lays on the bench, lifting weights. His shirt sticks to his body from the sweat, tracing every muscle on his body. His perfectly toned body is outlined. I can't help but watch. He's so hot. I can't deny that even though I'm still mad at him. He looks over and we make eye contact, I see his smile form as he stops lifting.

I quickly look away and look for anything else to distract myself with.

"Carlitooos" lando says as he approaches us. Carlos nudges me and smirks.
"Finally you're in the gym. You needed it" Carlos jokes as he playfully smacks lando.
I give a small smile as lando looks over at me.
"Don't act like you guys don't talk around me. I'm okay with you being friendsi" Carlos says limping away. He leaves lando and i, standing alone.

"So.."
"Lando. I really don't feel like talking to you" I cut him off.
"Tina-"
"Valentina" I say.
"Valentina, when are you going to get over this? Please. I just want to move past this. Please tell me what I need to do"
"Nothing. I just need space"
"More?"
"Okay chili, I should go. I have my interview in an hour" I say, walking closer to Carlos.
"Okay. Good luck, you got this" Carlos smiles. I lean over and kiss his cheek.
"Interview for what?" Lando asks. I roll my eyes, without Carlos seeing.
"Noth-"
"For a model job. She's going to be famous" Carlos winks.
"I might not even get it" I shrug.
"I'm sure you will. A beautiful girl like you. Who wouldn't hire you?" Lando says.
I look over as I see Carlos smirking.
"Thanks lando. I'll see you around" I say, walking away before they see me blush.

____

I arrive at the office where the interview will be at. I'm actually really excited but also nervous. I get dressed and walk out to begin the photos. So far it feels good and natural. I'm feeling good about myself. But I can't help but think of lando. I do my best to focus and ignore those thoughts.

When I'm finished, I grab my things to head out. They will be giving me a call in the next hour to let me know. In the meantime, I head over to a restaurant to buy some lunch.

Lando POV
"Well I've completed my training for the day. Want any help?" I ask Carlos. He shakes his head.
"I'm okay. But thank you" he smiles.
"So, where was Valentina's interview?" I ask carlos. He laughs before telling me. It sounds like a great opportunity for her and I really hope she gets the job.I

I clean up and say goodbye to carlos before heading out. I drive off toward where the office of the interview is, and find a nearby parking spot. I just want to make sure she's okay. I exit the car, and as I'm walking I see Valentina walk into a restaurant. I smile, knowing she must be finished now. She walks inside and waits in line. I look over and notice a man walking closer to her. His hoodie is up, and I can't see his face. She looks concerned. I walk inside, where I can see she looks nervous. She pauses.

"Tina! Tina, are you okay?" I say going up to her. She shakes her head. I pull her away from the man.
"I- I thought it was- I swear it was him" she says nervously.
"It's okay. You're okay. I'm here" I say, she leans onto my chest with tears in her eyes.
"We'll take the food to go" i tell the waitress, she nods. When she returns with the food I grab Valentina's arm and we head out.
"How did you know I was here?" She says.
"It was on my way home, i saw you enter the restaurant and i stopped" i lied.
She nods. 
"Well thank you for being here for me. But i don't want you to get the wrong idea. I still need some time away from you. I really liked you lando, and you gave up easily on us. I know how Carlos lives his life meeting women and such when he travels, i don't want you to miss out on having fun either"
"Tina, i -"
"Please let's just leave it at that for now" she responds. I sigh.
Let me walk you to your car" i say.
We walk down the block to her car. I open the door for her and say goodbye.

I did ruin things with her. I shouldn't have given up so soon if really liked her, which I do.