Chapter 27

Lando and I were on our way to the paddock this morning for media day. I was nervous since it would be the first time Lando and I would be together for a race this weekend. Luckily he was on the same team as Carlos, so I would still get to be around both.

We walk in through the checkin, hand in hand. I was so nervous, but lando smiled confidently. As we passed everyone he would greet someone or stop to talk to them and would introduce me. The fans cheered and waved at him, and he would stop to take photos. We walked further until getting to the McLaren building.

"You okay baby?" He looks over at me. I nod.
He leans over and kisses my cheek. I blush and he opens the door for me to walk inside.

"Finally, late as always" Carlos laughs as we walk inside. I let go of lando and walk over to him.
"Buenos días chili" i kiss his cheek and hug him.
"How are you feeling?" He says as I take a seat beside him.
"I'm so nervous, I haven't been to a race in forever"
"It'll be fun. I'm glad you're here" he smiles.
"Finally after all these years. I'm here with my two favorite boys" I wink.

"Carlos aren't you eating anything?" Lando asks, already eyeing the food. Carlos shakes his head. "Already ate, you two go ahead"
I stand and walk to lando, and we head toward the buffet. He introduces me to all the cooking ladies. I can tell that they get along well.

"She's a beautiful young lady Mr Norris. Take care of her" one of them smiles.
"You're so sweet thank you" I blush.
"Any friend of landos is our friend. Hopefully you can keep him in check" she laughs.
"I'm trying" I joke.
Lando playfully rolls his eyes and we continue walking through.

We walk back to where Carlos is seated and eat our breakfast. There are many people here, it's amazing. Things have changed since years ago when I remember going with my father to the races. The food is amazing as well, I can't believe they have this every race.

____

"Are you nervous?" I ask Carlos. He was biting his nails as he looked out the window.
"Not really, just trying to get focused" he smiles.
He pulls his phone out and scrolls for awhile before putting it away. He yawns and leans his head back, closing his eyes.
"Chili, we need to get you a girlfriend" I laugh.
"I don't have time for that" he gives me a small smile.
"Don't say that" I put my hand on his, and smile.
"We all deserve someone who loves us" I add.
"Maybe one day" he replies.

Now that I'm spending more time with lando, I feel guilty leaving Carlos out. I still spend most of the week at home, but weekends with lando. But during the day lando and I meet up to hang out most of the time. We have dinner and such with Carlos, but I feel bad that he's always third-wheeling. He says he doesn't care, but I still feel bad. Besides Carlos isn't always in the mood to go out, he's obviously way more responsible. Even though he's doing fine at McLaren, and gets along with everyone, I know his dream isn't to stay here at McLaren. So everyday he works hard and trains to get better, he is also always at the office or gym.

"I'm going to head to the garage to meet the guys. I'll see you there soon" he says to lando and I. I nod and he walks away.
I sigh as I finish up my meal.

"What's wrong baby?" Lando wipes his mouth and puts his hand on mine.
"Just thinking of Carlos. How needs someone in his life" I reply.
"Don't worry. He'll find someone, just how I found you. Love comes when you least expect it" he winks and leans over to kiss me.
"I love you" I smile.
"I love you too baby" he smiles back.
"It will take Carlos a bit longer though, I mean look at him" he makes a disgusted face. I lightly shove him, knowing he's joking. "don't mess with my brother" I laugh.

We clean our plates and walk back outside. The weather is beautiful. We walk hand in hand, toward the garage. It's media and prep day so not much to do around the paddock, just hang out and speak with the journalists and such.