Chapter 41

After getting ready, Lando helped me carry Olivia down to the lobby. We planned to meet Carlos and Isa downstairs, and Max and P would meet us at the race.

I grabbed a diaper bag and my purse and followed lando as we walked down. Luckily I had already fed Olivia and she was set to go. Unfortunately her nap time would pass during the race, so I had to make sure we found a quiet spot for her a small headset.

"Well well well, late like usual" Carlos smiled as he rolled his eyes.
"We had a good reason" I reply, as I walk over and give him a hug.
"Mhm" he says.

We head out to the car that's waiting for us to drive us over. It's about half an hour away, so we do everything we can to distract Olivia in the meantime.

_____

We arrive finally, and head toward the McLaren building. Lando takes my hand in his, and leads the way as we pass through security. Some paparazzi stand by and take photos, and I watch as Lando blocks Olivia's face so she won't get scared with the flash. It's the small things, he's such a good father and is always thoughtful. I smile and look up, falling more in love with him. He looks down at me and places a kiss on my lips.
"That's for looking hot" he smiles, causing me to blush. 

We continue and eventually make it inside the McLaren building. He greets Zak, and few of the mechanics that are around.
"Need me to grab her?" I ask him as I realize they want to talk to the drivers. He shakes his head, "she's calm I'll be okay. Go grab something to eat if you'd like. I'll be back" he smiles. I nod.

He walks over to a table where Zak and the other engineers are, and Carlos follows behind. I smile as I see them try to get Olivia to smile and are successful. I call isa over so we can grab a snack in the meantime, we find a sofa near the windows and sit down.

"So any new updates for the wedding?" She smiles. I shake my head.
"We have the place but that's about it, I know it's a difficult time with the season starting up again  and such" I reply.
"Yeah I get it. It takes time to plan it out, it's probably best if you take it slow" she replies.
"Yeah exactly. Maybe next year when Livy is a bit older, and maybe during their summer break or something"
"I'm so happy for you. I know we just met but you both seem so sweet and so good together. I'm glad you've all accepted me into this family" she smiles.
"Aww isa, us too. I'm glad my brother found someone. That way he's off my ass" I joke.
We both laugh but hug it out. It was true, I was happy for Carlos. Isa was great and I couldn't think of anyone better for him.

____

After their discussion with Zak, Carlos and Lando walk over to sit with us.
"Everything okay?" I ask. They both nod.
"Just preparing for the race. Hope it goes our way this time, I'm tired with the car issues" Carlos replies.
"Yeah but the car is looking better im sure we'll be fine" Lando adds. It feels a bit tense so I don't reply.

"So when do you two go back?" Carlos asks as he looks over at Olivia who was playing with landos finger.
"In two days, I want to go see mama and papa tomorrow, before I have to go back" I explain. Carlos nods, "that'll be good" he replies.
"What about you?" I ask isa.
"Well Carlos asked me to come along with him to the Brazilian GP, we have some friends who are having a birthday so" I nod.
"Sorry you'll be alone Tina" Carlos says.
"It's okay. Livy and I got each other, right princess?" I smile and kiss her cheek causing her to smile.
Lando seems upset by the conversation and his jaw stays clenched.

Carlos and Isa walk away to grab some more food, leaving lando and I alone.
"Love, what's wrong?" I ask as I rub his shoulder.
"Nothing" he replies but I can tell he's lying.
"Lan.."
"I just feel bad that you're going back home, alone. It's not fair to you"
"Lan, we talked about this. I'll be okay. And Livy is growing fast everyday. As soon as she starts to walk and it's a bit easier to travel with her, we'll be with you more often" I explain.
"I know I know. I just don't want anything to happen"
"Max and P will be around. We won't be completely alone" I say taking his hand into mine. I lift it up and kiss it.
"We'll be okay. Focus on today, and how we're here together. I love you" I say. He takes a deep breath and smiles.
"I love you baby" he says.

_____

The race was officially set to start finally. I took Olivia from lando while he got dressed in his room. The mechanics found a tiny headset for Olivia, so the noise wouldn't bother her. I stood to the side with max and p, and watched the mechanics get ready.

Lando walked out with his helmet in hand, ready to go.
"Good luck baby. Be safe" I lean over and kiss his lips.
"I love you Tina, I will" he smiles.
"And I love you too Livy, you look so cute with your headset" he laughs. Olivia coos and giggles along with him.

He walks over and gets into the car and waves goodbye as they push him out. I watch Olivia as she appears very attentive at everything around her. We then find a good spot to sit and view the monitors as the race gets ready to begin. Soon should be Olivia's nap, so I feed her the bottle in the meantime.

"Ready for this?" Max smiles looking over.
"I'm so nervous" I reply
"Don't be, I'm sure it'll work out" he replies. I nod and go back to the monitor.

Please please have the race go well for both of them. I want both Carlos and lando to do good. I pray as I close my eyes holding for the best.