Chapter 51

Hours passed as I laid in bed with the door locked. I heard the front door shut a while ago, and it never opened so I assumed lando left.

Olivia woke up so I picked her up and we walked back out to the living room. I sat her down in the playpen while I made us lunch.

My phone vibrates and I get a message.

Lando ❣️

I'm sorry to do this Tina, but I can't deal with alll this. I'm headed over to England to the McLaren office to go over things with Zak and the team. I'll see you in a few weeks. I still love you ❤️

I ignored the message as I wiped my tears. What the hell is his problem?

I finished preparing lunch for Olivia and I and set it on the table. I lift her up and we have lunch together while I turned the tv on. I knew when Carlos returned I had to tell him everything. But i was done with it all, I still had to figure out how I was going to move out. It isn't fair to Carlos that I'm still here. Luckily I had some money saved and it should be fine to find another apartment close by.

After lunch, I take Valentina over to the room. I change her diaper and we play on the bed with her toys.

"I'm sorry your dad can be such an asshole" I joke to Olivia. She coos, obviously not understanding what I'm saying.

____

Later in the afternoon Carlos returned. I let him shower and get dressed before we talked. Judging by my face though I could tell he knew something was wrong.

We sat in the living room as I explained to him the issues with lando and I. He shook his head and seemed tense the entire time.
"I can't believe he's acting this way. I'm so sorry Tina. Please stay I didn't mean for this to happen" he sighs.
"'It's not your fault. I don't know what his problem is. But I still want to get my own place. I have money saved up. I want to find an apartment where Olivia can have her own room, and more space. Besides maybe I'll start getting back into modeling to make some extra money. While lando and I figure things out" I say"
"I mean if that's what you want. I'm okay with it. But how about you stay until the season ends and I can help you move out"
I nod.
"Gracias chili" I smile and give him a hug.

weeks later:

Lando was back out in England. We seemed to sort of fix things. We talked everyday, and slowly things were feeling normal. But I was still upset and wanted to have a conversation in person. There was one more week before they went on summer break, and they'd come back home. They did horrible in their last two races, so things haven't gotten better there. I didn't know where things would go between us and I wanted to be sure. I mean after all we were set to get married.

Today Olivia and I were meeting with max and p for dinner to celebrate my first model gig. I was still yet to tell lando, just hadn't had the chance. But I was really excited. And then I wouldn't feel like having to depend on lando.

I got Olivia and myself dressed and we headed down to the lobby to meet them. Olivia got excited as soon as she saw them. She loved them like family. We got into maxs car and headed out toward the town.

We made a reservation at my favorite restaurant and were seated immediately upon arriving. I sat Olivia beside me but she wanted to be held by max. We laughed at her excitement as he took her into his arms.

"She definitely gets her looks from you. Lando is one ugly dude and I don't see her looking like him" max laughs.
"I don't know. I think she looks just like him" i smile.

While max plays around with Olivia, p and I talk about the model gig. Since she does some modeling she was sharing her experiences with me. I was beyond excited to start and fortunately had her to help me out.

We finished dinner and headed back home. They wanted to hang out for a bit until Olivia had to go to bed.

We sat in the living room catching up and watching tv. Honestly I felt like they were the only people I talked to, I had no one else around that I knew. Luckily we had them if not we'd be on our own.

Suddenly my phone begins to blow up with notifications. I ignore at first but keep getting messages to check twitter. I open it up and my heart stops.

Breaking News: Lando Norris caught with celebrity model at a club tonight. Sources say he is still with his girlfriend, so could this be an act of cheating?

 Sources say he is still with his girlfriend, so could this be an act of cheating?

I drop my phone and stand up. I pace around, not knowing how to feel. I grab the phone there were multiple different photos to scroll through. They're laughing, holding hands and clearly all on top of each other.

"Tina! Tina! What's going on? Calm down" P says. She pulls me into a hug and  grabs my phone as she looks. She shakes her head and passes it to max. She rubs my back as I sob into her chest.
"Why would he do this? He wasn't like this? Why?"
"Tina, nothing will change what he did and there's no justifiable answer. Forget him. I know it's not easy but he can't disrespect you like this. I'll beat his ass when I see him" she says. I look over at max who looks upset but also looks embarrassed. It is a weird situation but I don't expect him to choose sides.

"Take your time Tina. I'll put Livy down" max says. I nod and thank him as he walks off with her.

Fuck this. I pick up my phone and begin to dial Lando's number. He's going to hear me.