chapter 10

the next day.

Clara's last day here is tomorrow. It's still not summer yet, and she still has class back at home. But we were already planning for her to come back in the summer.

Per usual, I walked down to the gym and come back with smoothies for the three of us. As I enter the apartment, I see Carlos sitting on the sofa, watching tv.

"Buenos días" I say as I walk over and hand him the smoothie.
"Buenos días tina" he smiles.
"So any plans for today? What should we do?" I ask. He seems so focused on the movie that's playing, I nudge him since he didn't respond.
"Huh? Oh sorry. Nothing much. I just want to stay home and rest today" he says yawning.
"Chili, you're no fun. What happened to the Carlos I used to know who went out all weekend"
"I promise we'll do something tomorrow. I'm so tired from the trip" he pouts.
"Okay deal" I walk over to the room to find Clara.

She's awake and laying in bed on her phone. I hand her the smoothie and sit beside her.
"I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow" she says.
"I know, it went by too quick" I pout.

My phone vibrates and I look over to check the message.

Max Fewtrell

good morninggg

hello max!!

p and the rest of the group and I are going back out to the club tonight. you and Clara should come!

the same one? sure, we'd love to!

yes the same one. great! see you then

"Looks like we have plans for your last night here" I smirk as I show her the messages. She cheers in excitement.

_____

Carlos made dinner for us before we headed out. He's always been a really great cook. But he's very specific about everything. He served us each a plate and we sat down at the dining table to eat.

"So who are these people you're hanging out with again?" He says taking a bite of his food. He looks serious, he's always this way about new people.
"They're just influencers, they stream I think" I reply.
"Monaco is definitely full of many different people" he says. I nod.
"You said they live close by?" He asks.
"Yeah, about 10 minutes walking" I reply. We explain to him where they live.
"Oh, yes I know where that is. Many drivers live there, I've been many times" he replies.

I guess Monaco is sort of a small town for many. They all seem to know each other.

We finish up dinner, and help Carlos clean up. We then head over to the room to get changed for the night.

"You sure you don't need me to take you?" He asks as we walk out to the living room.
"We should be okay" I reply.
"Okay. Be safe Tina. Call me if you need anything" he says kissing my forehead.
"Yes yes I know. Gracias chili" I hug him.

We walk out as he stays behind in the apartment. I had an amazing time last time, and I'm so excited.

____

We arrive at the club, and immediately see max and Pietra. They signal for us to walk over to their table.
"There they are!" P yells hugging us both.
"Wouldn't miss it for anything" I reply.
We greet max and the rest of the group, and then grab some drinks. The music is calm right now, it's still a bit early on.

I sway to the music as I sip on my drink. People begin to arrive, and they begin asking for more upbeat music. Max laughs, "it's coming" he says.

Suddenly the lights all turn off, and a spotlight turns on at the DJ booth.
"What's going on?" I ask P.
"Special guest" she smiles.