Bionic Dog

"Guys, guess what I found," Adam says as he walks out of the hydro loop with a dog.

"Where did you get a dog?" I ask as Leo, Bree, Chase, and I pet the dog.

"And please do not say from a guy with sunglasses and a cane," Bree says.

"No. He started sniffing me when I got on the hydro loop, then he went crazy and wouldn't leave me alone." Adam says.

"And did you by any chance have meat in your pockets?" Chase says.

"No! Wait, is salami a meat?" Adam says.

"He can't stay," Chase says. The dog sits.

"Whoa. Did you see that? You said stay and he did." Adam says. "He's a genius." Douglas walks into the common room.

"Otis?!" Douglas says. He whistles, making the dog run over to him. "Oh, that's my dog. He was a stray I took in and nursed him back to health back when Krane and I bought our first evil lair together. Actually, it was more of an evil townhouse."

"How were we ever afraid of you?" Bree says.

"This guy got me through some pretty rough times," Douglas says.

"Well, it's nice to hear that you had someone to comfort you while you were plotting to kill us," Leo says.

"I think Otis ran away because Krane terrified him. He must've been searching for me forever." Douglas says. "I bet he smelled my scent on Adam and followed him back here."

"Are you sure it's the same dog?" I say.

"Absolutely. Watch this." Douglas says. "Otis, sit." Otis sits. "Look left." And Otis looks left. "Look right." And Otis looked right. "Speak." Otis barks.

"Whoa. I can't even do all that." Adam says.

"I'll tell you another little secret. Otis has super strength." Douglas says.

"Wait. You gave bionics to an animal?" Chase says.

"Yeah. He was injured, and I did it to save his life." Douglas says.

"I'm glad you saved him, but I can't believe you wasted bionics on a dog," Chase says.

"I wouldn't say wasted. Do your thing, Otis." Douglas says. Otis uses his super strength to kick Chase out of the room, making me laugh.

"Whoa! Cool. I thought I was gonna have to train him to do that." Adam says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the cafeteria, Adam and I were sitting at the table while Adam was playing a card game with Otis while I just watched. Chase was also sitting with us and kept sneezing. "Chase, could you keep it down? Otis and I are playing cards." Adam says. "All right, what do ya got?" Otis picks up a card. "Another ace? You're a lot better than the other dogs I play with."

"Adam, that fur factory is making me sneeze. You have got to get rid of him." Chase says.

"Stop right there. Otis is the best thing that's ever happened to me." Adam says.

"Oh, really? Better than being a bionic superhuman, and going on life-saving missions?" Chase says.

"Mm-hmm. He lets me rub his belly." Adam says. Douglas walks into the room.

"What's up, Otis?" Douglas says as Chase sneezes again. "Is he still making you sneeze?"

"Yes, I must be allergic to him," Chase says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. How do you know he's not allergic to you?" Adam says.

"Adam," Chase says, getting up from his seat.