Space Colony Part 1

"I am so happy Mr. Davenport gave everyone the day off because it is way too hot to train," Bree says as we sit on the steps of the common room.

"Yeah, well, lucky for you, your brother's a bionic air conditioner," Adam says.

"Ugh, Adam, nobody wants your disgusting breath blowing all over..." Adam uses his enhanced lung capacity ability and blows air all over Bree, Chase, Leo, and me. "Oh, good heavens, that is so much better! Get my back. Get my back."

"Hey, guys," Tasha says as she and Mr. Davenport step out of the hydro loop.

We all run over to hug Tasha and Mr. Davenport. "Ahem! Everybody, I have a very important announcement. I...Donald Davenport...am the first person to create a livable environment on another planet." Mr. Davenport says. "Behold...my very own space colony." Mr. Davenport shows us a picture of a large dome on the monitor.

"You've colonized a planet? Why didn't you tell me?" Chase says.

"Because it was top secret, and because every time I tell you guys anything, you blow it up, burn it down, crack it in half, or sink it." Mr. Davenport says.

"Hey, that is not...yeah, it is true," I say.

"Looks cool. Is that Mars?" Bree says.

"Please. Mars? Mars is for amateurs. I colonized a planet in an entirely different galaxy. Oh, by the way, did I mention I discovered an entirely different galaxy?" Mr. Davenport says.

"How dare you?" Chase says.

"The planet is called Lithios, and this high-tech dome mimics the Earth's environment, providing oxygen and gravity to the fifty colonists that I hand-picked for the project." Mr. Davenport says. "I'm also the honorary mayor of the colony, which I have named Davenportia."

"Shocking," I say.

"Those colonists have been living there for almost a month, and they're lovin' every Daven minute of it." Mr. Davenport says. "And pretty soon, you will all get to meet them. That's right. We are going on a family vacation to space!"

"You told me we were going to Greece," Tasha says.

"Well, Davenportia is the Greece of space." Mr. Davenport says. "Anyway, it'll be a lot cooler there. It is way too hot here today."

"No worries. I got you covered." Adam says. He uses his enhanced lung capacity on Mr. Davenport, sending him flying to the floor.

"That's gonna leave a Daven stain," Leo says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This is it. Welcome to my intergalactic spacecraft; my pride and joy. Isn't she beautiful?" Mr. Davenport says as we walk into the spacecraft. It was below the island and we were all wearing our space gear.

"Wow! I never thought I'd be jealous of a spaceship." Tasha says.

"Oh, come on, honey, don't be jealous. You don't stand a chance against this thing." Mr. Davenport says.

"Man, I can't believe this spaceship's been under the island all this time," Adam says.

"Well, that explains why he didn't make us live in the basement," Bree says.

"Mr. Davenport, this is awesome. If I was a nerd, I'd totally be geeking out right now." Chase says, squealing like a child.

"Cool. What's that?" I ask, pointing to a suit mounted on the wall.

"Oh, that's my high-velocity escape suit. It's made out of ultra-protective material that will allow me to fly back to Earth in case we encounter any kind of emergency while in space." Mr. Davenport says.