The Vanishing Part 1

I was in my art room drawing in my art journal. I have been up since early morning when I started to get this uneasy feeling inside me. I don't know why, but I kept thinking that something terrible was going to happen to us. I haven't told anyone yet mostly because they were still asleep when I woke up and I don't want anyone to worry. So far, nothing bad has happened...yet. I'm supposed to be in the training room right now with the others, but I haven't left my spot. I could spend all day here if I didn't have all of these responsibilities. I was in the middle of drawing something in my journal when I heard someone walk in. I looked up to see that it was Chase.

"Don't you knock?" I say.

"You're late for training," Chase informed me.

"Yeah, so?" I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"We're all downstairs waiting for you. Come on." Chase says. He grabs me by the arm and pulls me out of the room.

"Chase, hey. What are you doing? Let go." I say.

"Come on. We have some important things to cover." Chase says.

Once we made it down to the common room, Chase let go of my arm. "Never pull me like that again," I say.

"We have a surprise for you," Chase says with a smile.

"What surprise?" I ask, confused. I felt someone behind me and couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Adam, is that you? Are you trying to scare me again? If you are because I swear..." When I turned around to face the person standing behind me, my eyes widened when I saw a familiar face. A familiar face I haven't seen since the Ultimate Tailgate Challenge.

"Kyle?" I say.

"Hey, Cassie," Kyle says. I just stood there with a shocked look on my face. Kyle waves a hand over my face to snap me out of it. "Hello? Cassie?" He quickly covers his ears when I let out a loud squeal and wrap my arms around him in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much. What are you doing here?" I say once I pull away from him.

"Well, Bree called me the other day and said she wanted to surprise you," Kyle says. I turned around to see Bree standing with Chase, Adam, and Leo.

"Aw, Bree. Really? You're the greatest!" I say, walking over to her and hugging her.

"You're welcome. I know you two have had some difficult times in the past and I thought a nice little surprise would help get things back on the right track." Bree says.

"Did you guys know about this?" I say, looking at Adam, Chase, and Leo.

"Everyone knew about it. The only problem we had was making sure no one told you about it. Some people have a harder time keeping secrets than others." Leo says as he and Chase look at Adam.

"Don't look at me. I completely forgot that Kyle was supposed to come today." Adam says.

"Right. Sure you did." Leo says.

"I'm just so glad you're here. I can finally show you around the academy." I say. I grabbed Kyle's arm and before we could leave the room, Chase stopped us.

"Ahem! Did you forget? We still have a class to teach." Chase says.

"Can't you guys go on without me?" I say.

"No. I wasn't kidding when I said we have a lot of ground to cover." Chase says.

"Chase, you're such a party pooper." I groaned.

"She's not wrong, you know," Kyle says.

"Okay, back to the mainland," Chase says, pointing to the hydro loop.