Spike vs. Spikette

In the common area, Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and I saw a line of students as Douglas was scanning each of them. "What's up, Douglas? Doing a price check on bionic kids?" Leo says as the five of us walk over to him.

"Ooh, I wonder how much I'm worth," Adam says.

"Well, we could sell you for parts and find out," Chase says.

"All right. Well, just don't sell the part that does this." Adam punches Chase.

"Nice one." I chuckle, making Chase glare at me.

"I'm just cataloging everyone's bionic abilities," Douglas says.

"Oh, cool, count me in," Adam says.

"Adam, we already know what your abilities are," Bree says.

"Ugh, okay, you got me. I just really like waiting in lines." Adam says, joining the students in line.

"In addition to the bionics we know they have, Krane also gave them a lot of weird hidden abilities. I'm just trying to get a grip on what we're dealing with." Douglas says.

"What does that guy have?" I say, pointing to a kid with red glowing hands.

"Check it out. Oh, no, my lunch is undercooked. Oh, Thermo Hands!" Douglas says in a dramatic voice as he holds out a raw burger. Thermo Hands walks over and Douglas places the burger in his hand, cooking it with his ability. The boy places another hand on top of the burger and when it is done cooking, he opens his hand.

"Why, thank you," Douglas says, grabbing the burger.

"Sweet ability, dude," Adam says. He gives Thermo Hands a high five but the boy accidentally burns his hand with his ability. "Ow! Hot! Hot! Hot! Ooh. Hey, those things are dangerous."

"Try it again, I'm sure they've cooled down," Bree says.

"Oh, no, I'm not falling for that. I got her." Adam says. He high-fives Thermo Hands and burns his other hand. "Ow!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Chase, you are not going to believe this. Another student has the Commando App." Douglas says as he walks up to Chase, Bree, and me in the cafeteria.

"What? I thought I was the only one with that app." Chase says.

"Yeah, you're not that special," Douglas says. Chase looks at Bree and me.

"Don't look at us. We've been trying to tell you that for years." Bree says.

"So which one of these manly warriors is following in my footsteps?" Chase says as he gets up from his seat.

"Her," Douglas says. He points to a girl who is struggling to open a ketchup bottle.

"Kate?! She's the most timid girl in the whole academy. I've seen her run from her own shadow." Chase says.

"And that's the beauty of the Commando App. The enemy is caught off guard by a non-threatening subject." Douglas says.

"But I have the Commando App," Chase says.

"Yes, you do." Douglas chuckles. "Look, I didn't want to scare Kate, so I told her that she had a sonic scream ability instead. So until I can figure out a way to remove the app, make sure nothing triggers it and sets off Spikette."

"Spikette?" Chase says.

"Catchy, right?" Douglas says. The three of us just gave him a look. "I like it and I'm keeping it!" He leaves the cafeteria.

"Man, this is perfect. I've never seen my Commando App in action. If I can activate Spikette maybe I could figure out a way to control it, which would help the both of us." Chase says to Bree and me.