Bionic Action Hero Part 1

"Guess who I just got off the phone with. Giselle Vickers." Douglas says as he walks over to Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and me in the common room.

"The big Hollywood filmmaker?" Bree says.

"She is legendary! She made all the Killer Zombie Trucker movies. Because of her, I can't pee at the truck stop." Leo says.

"That's right. And get this. Her next blockbuster is gonna be called Bionic Action Hero." Douglas says.

"Awesome! What's it about?" Adam says.

"A bionic action hero," Douglas says.

"Huh. Save your money. It sounds like a flop." Adam says.

"And the best part, it's based on you guys," Douglas says, pointing to Adam, Bree, Chase, and I.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. The same person that makes those lame zombie movies is gonna make our movie? No way." Chase scoffs.

"Must you ruin everything?" Leo says.

"Relax, Chase. Giselle's an old college friend. We spent a lot of time in the robotics lab together before she switched careers. We even dated a bit." Douglas says.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Sometimes people grow apart," Douglas says.

"She dumped you, didn't she?" I say.

"Worst day of my life! And I've been to prison four times." Douglas cries. "Anyway, she wants the film to portray bionics accurately, so she's coming here to research with the actor that's playing you guys."

"I think you mean actors," Chase says.

"No. In the film, there aren't four bionic superhumans. To simplify it, there's just one with all of your abilities." Douglas says.

"So who's the actor?" Bree says.

"It's some new up-and-comer named Troy West," Douglas says.

"Oh, so they're just gonna throw some rookie in the leading role? I don't want any part of this." Chase says.

"You know I hate to say it, but I agree with Chase. You only have one chance to have your life turned into a movie. It should be done right." I say.

"Exactly. So who's playing me? Denzel, Will Smith? Oh, who am I kidding? Those guys can't bring the Dooley." Leo says.

"Sorry, Leo. There is no character based on you." Douglas says.

"What? It's called Bionic Action Hero, not Kind of Bionic Sort of Action Hero." Douglas says.

"Look, if they want someone to play a bionic hero, why don't they use me? I'm an actor. I starred in a school play." Adam says.

"You had one line. And you forgot it." Bree says.

"Just because it's in the script doesn't mean you have to say it," Adam says. "Plus, I can do my own stunts. The guy who played Superman can't stop a real locomotive, but I can."

"Oh, yeah? Well, the hydro loop is closing. I bet you can't stop that." Chase says. The hydro loop closes and as Adam runs forward, he stops the door with his arm.

"Hah! I did it." Adam says.

"Uh-uh. You stopped the doors, but you didn't stop the hydro loop." Chase says. The hydro loop takes off and drags Adam with it, sending him crashing to the floor.

"Did it stop?" Adam groans as he lies on the floor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were all in the common room talking when Douglas runs in. "Is everybody ready? Troy and Giselle will be here any minute." Douglas says.