On the Edge Part 1

"Well, guys, it took a while, but we finally came up with S-1's new name," Leo says as he and S-1 walk up to Adam, Bree, Chase, and me in the common room.

"We went through hundreds before we came up with the perfect one." S-1 says.

"What is it?" Bree says.

"Charlotte," Leo says.

"Taylor." S-1 says at the same time.

"Right. Taylor. My...second choice." Leo says.

"I like it," Bree says.

"Me too," I say.

"Yeah, great name," Chase says.

"Eh, doesn't really matter to me. I didn't remember your other name, and I'm not gonna remember this one, either." Adam says.

"Hey, guys. I have some very exciting news." Mr. Davenport says as he walks over to us.

"You're finally eligible for senior citizen discounts?" Adam says, making me laugh.

"No. Maybe. I don't wanna talk about it. Look...the President called, and he's honoring you guys with a prestigious award for completing mission number one thousand." Mr. Davenport says.

"That's awesome. Congratulations, guys." Taylor says.

"Thanks, but technically, if you count all the missions where our bionics were still a secret, then our number is actually two thousand six hundred and four. But who's counting?" Chase says.

"You are. That's all you do is count." I say.

"I do not. But just for the record, that's the fifty-third time you've told me that." Chase says.

"This is gonna be great. It's about time I got honored for something. So when is this little shindig?" Leo says.

"Uh, in a couple of weeks. There's gonna be a big, fancy ceremony on the mainland. But the President's only honoring the original team, Adam, Bree, Chase, and Cassie." Mr. Davenport says.

"What? How can he do that? I go on missions with them all the time." Leo says.

"I'm sure when they hand out awards for completing thirty-two and a half missions, you'll get yours." Mr. Davenport says. He leaves the room.

"It's actually thirty-one and a half, but who's counting?" Chase says before walking away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Adam, how's the fire prevention training going?" Chase says as he, Bree, and I walk over to Adam and his students in the common room.

"You said fire prevention?" Adam says just as we hear a loud blast and the alarm going off. "Ooh, well, it's too late to prevent that one. Could you guys go put that fire out and prevent the other fifteen we set?"

"Guys, you have to come see this. Leo just did something super amazing." A student named Logan says, running into the room. We follow him into the training room where we see Taylor and Leo holding hands. Blake and Stefan were also in the room with Leo and Taylor. I rolled my eyes when I saw them and made sure to keep my distance.

"Aww. Leo's holding hands with a girl. That is amazing." Bree says.

"We found a new ability. Check this out." Leo says. As the two of them hold hands, a blue and yellow ball of energy starts forming in their hands. "Now." They throw the energy sphere at a monitor, causing the power to go out.

"Aw, man, now I can't see what the new ability is." Adam groans.

"That was the new ability," Leo says.