Forbidden Hero

"Easy, easy, easy," Adam says as he, Bree, Chase, and I help an injured Leo out of the hydro loop after coming back from another mission.

"You know, this would be a lot easier without you saying easy every two seconds," Chase says.

"Sorry. Careful, careful, careful." Adam says.

"Uh-oh. Did Leo blow chunks on the hydro loop again?" Bob says as he walks into the common area with a couple of other students.

"No. We were on a mission and I hurt my ankle." Leo says.

"And then he blew chunks on the hydro loop again," I say.

"You know the drill, Bob," Adam says.

"Puke patrol. I'll grab the mop." Bob says. He walks out of the room.

"I've taught him well," Adam says.

"We were evacuating a steel mill when the roof collapsed," Chase explains to the students standing in the room.

"We were pinned down and Leo had to jump over an industrial grinder to save us," Bree says.

"Come on, buddy. Let's get you to the infirmary and get that leg checked out." Chase says.

"Would you quit fussing? I'm a grown man. I don't need you to baby me." Leo says. Tasha walks into the room. "Mommy!" Leo cries as he hugs her.

"Oh, I came as soon as you texted me," Tasha says.

"I'm not gonna lie. This is a grade-A boo-boo." Leo says.

"We better get you to your room. Where is your room?" Tasha says, looking around.

"Oh, the other side of the island," I say.

"Still can't believe you guys got your own island. For Valentine's Day, all I got was a lousy t-shirt that said I married Donald." Tasha says.

"Wait, you guys are married? I just thought you came over a lot." Adam says, making all of us give him weird looks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the Mentor's Quarters, Leo was sitting on the couch drinking a smoothie with his ankle propped up on a pillow. "Thanks, mom. You always make the best smoothies. But something's missing." Leo says.

"Here you go," Tasha says as she puts a tiny umbrella in his drink.

"Perfect. You know, the umbrella shouldn't affect the taste, but it just does." Leo says.

"I'm gonna go check on the pool temperature. I warmed it up so you could soak your ankle." Tasha says.

"You know, if you wanna throw a few bubbles in there, I would not be opposed," Leo says. Adam, Bree, Chase, and I walk into the room. "Mom...you forgot my tuck-tuck." Tasha walks over to him and pulls a blanket over him.

"There you go, sweetie. Now, I will be right there if you need me." Tasha says as she tucks in Leo. She leaves the room.

"Tuck-tuck? Kind of milking it, aren't you?" Chase says.

"Oh, not yet. The milk comes with the cookies at 3:00," Leo says.

"I'm just glad you're doing better, Leo," I say.

"Yeah. You're lucky you didn't get hurt worse. You were this close to being chewed up by that industrial grinder." Adam says.

"Industrial grinder? Leo, you told me you twisted your ankle jumping for joy." Tasha says as she walks back into the room.

"He was jumping for joy because he wasn't killed by an industrial grinder." Bree chuckles nervously.

"Leo almost got ripped apart by that thing," Adam says.