Space Elevator

"Heads up, we got a visitor coming." Mr. Davenport says as he walks into the common room.

"Is it a government agent coming to take us away?" Adam says.

"Our secrets been out for a year. Why would they take us away now?" Chase says, giving him a strange look.

"Let's just say, I've done some things," Adam says.

"It's my chief scientist, Dr. Ryan. He is by far the smartest man I have ever worked with." Mr. Davenport says. Chase scoffed, clearly offended by what Mr. Davenport said. "Oh, you're right. I am sorry. I am the smartest man I have ever worked with." Mr. Davenport laughs. "Dr. Ryan was head of his class at MIT. And he's been Davenport Industries' employee of the month twice! That's never happened. Well, except, of course, for me."

"You named yourself employee of the month at your own company?" Leo says. Mr. Davenport nods his head. "I think you love you a little too much."

"It's not because I love myself. It's because I am better than everyone else." Mr. Davenport says. The hydro loop doors open and a man enters the common room.

"Hey, hey! Wassup, dudes? Lady dudes." The man says.

"This is your esteemed chief scientist?" Bree says.

"And employee of the month. Got the parking space and everything." The man says. "I don't drive, but my mom uses it when she picks me up. That's right, twenty-eight, still living rent-free in my parents' basement. Jealous?"

"No," Bree says.

"Dr. Ryan is here to construct and test Davenport Industries' new space elevator." Mr. Davenport says.

"Space elevator?!" Chase says.

"You see, this is why people are out of shape. You should be building space stairs." Adam says.

"It's a highly advanced transport that climbs a tether all the way to our space stations. Since it's held up by gravity we can resupply without ever using a rocket." Dr. Ryan says. "Chase you look confused and/or constipated. Do you have a question?"

"Yes! Why is he working on this? The space elevator was my project. I've been working on it for years." Chase says.

"Yes, but I had to pass it off so you could focus on being a mentor." Mr. Davenport says. "Don't worry, Dr. Ryan's been working off your research."

"You gave him my research?!" Chase exclaimed, an angry look on his face.

"Yes, and it's been very helpful. It's always good to know what's wrong so you can find what's right." Dr. Ryan says.

"Oh, no. Mr. Davenport, you can't let him do this!" Chase says, walking over to Mr. Davenport.

"Check his résumé, Chase. He is one of the greatest minds of our time." Mr. Davenport says.

"I just designed a photo app that puts your face on a dog's butt." Dr. Ryan chuckles. He holds out his phone and shows us a photo of Chase's face on a dog's butt.

"Aw, Chase, you look so cute. Mr. Davenport, you're right. This guy is a genius." I chuckle, looking at Dr. Ryan's phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So that'll be the launch pad for the space elevator. What do you think?" Mr. Davenport says as he and Dr. Ryan stand in the Mentor's Quarters.

"I'll have to do some calculations, but...sounds legit." Dr. Ryan says.

"I already did the calculations, in my head, they are totally legit," Chase says.

"Well, then, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to work." Dr. Ryan says. He walks into the middle of the room and starts playing air guitar.