Human Eddy

"What's up, meat bots?" Perry says as she walks into the cafeteria and sits on one of the chairs, placing her feet on the table.

"Excuse me." Mr. Davenport says, walking into the room and scaring Perry, making her drop her magazine onto the floor. "What do you think you're doing? This is the fourth time this week I've caught you blowing off your security rounds."

"What do you expect? This job is too hard for one person. How am I supposed to patrol the grounds, monitor cyber security, and still find time to steal from you?" Perry says.

"Look, you asked me for this job. If you can't handle it, maybe I should find somebody else." Mr. Davenport says.

"Good luck trying to find someone else who wants a high-paying job on a tropical island," Perry says. Suddenly, a monitor in the cafeteria starts going fuzzy.

"Hey, what's going on with the monitors?" Chase says.

"Somebody probably hacked our signal because the sheriff wasn't doing her job." Mr. Davenport says. We all walk over to the screen as Eddy pops up.

"Hi!" Eddy says, making all of us scream.

"I've been trying to get in here for months. I had to go through all sorts of firewalls and security blocks. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you didn't want me here." Eddy says.

"We don't want you here," Leo says.

"Well, look who finally got a big boy voice. Still waiting for the rest of your little boy body to catch up, huh?" Eddy says.

"Eddy, you're supposed to be in Mission Creek with Tasha." Mr. Davenport says.

"Don't worry, she's fine. I triple-locked her in the closet. Even her man paws can't claw through that." Eddy says. "Speaking of man paws, how are you, Bree?"

"That's it. Where's the hammer?" Bree says, lunging for Eddy, only to get held back by Leo.

"I don't know about the hammer, but I'm definitely looking at a room full of tools," Eddy says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, great news, everybody," Chase says as Adam, Bree, Leo, and I walk into the Mentor's Quarters.

"You scored a goal in your junior soccer league?" Adam says.

"You finally fit into men's pants?" Bree says.

"We're not really twins and you're adopted?" I say.

"Okay, rude," Chase says, looking offended.

"You're going bald?" Leo says.

"Why would that be great news?" Chase says.

"You already act like a boring old man. Might as well look the part." Leo says.

"The President wants me to be on his environmental task force committee. It's a think tank of the world's smartest minds brought together to address major ecological issues." Chase says.

"Sounds like something a boring old man would say," Leo says.

"This is the biggest thing that's ever happened to me. Committee member today, president tomorrow." Chase says.

"And revolution the day after," I say.

"What about your responsibilities here?" Leo asks.

"Yeah, without you, who's gonna bore all the students to death?" Adam says.

"I already told Chase I would cover all his classes." Mr. Davenport says.

"Problem solved," Bree says.