Ultimate Tailgate Challenge

In the common room, I was talking on the phone with Kyle while Adam was sitting by the hydro loop watching something on his tablet, and Chase and Mr. Davenport were working at the console. "Yeah, I really wish I was coming to the game. The tickets have been sold out for weeks." I say. "But don't worry, I'll be watching from the big screen to cheer you on. Okay. Good luck with the game tonight. Bye."

"Was that Kyle?" Chase asks me as I hang up my phone.

"Yeah. You know that college he goes to, Mission Creek State? Well, they're having a football game tonight and I've been wanting to go but the tickets have been sold out." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that, Cass. I'm sure there'll be other games." Mr. Davenport says.

"I know. But since Kyle and I have been talking again, I kinda want to be there for him, you know." I say.

"Hey, maybe after the game we can invite him and his family to dinner to congratulate him." Mr. Davenport suggests.

"That sounds great. I'll tell him." I say, sending a text to Kyle.

When Leo and Bree walk in, Tasha steps out of the hydro loop. "Hey, guys, I've got some exciting news. I got us all tickets to the big college football game this weekend at my alma mater. Go, Pioneers! Whoo!" Tasha cheers as she walks over to us. She was wearing a blue Mission Creek State hoodie.

"Trust me, guys, it wasn't much better from back here." Adam cringed.

"This is awesome! I have to go tell Kyle!" I squealed. I pulled out my phone and started texting Kyle.

"Football? Pass." Mr. Davenport says.

"You're going," Tasha says.

"Honey, if you wanted a sports guy, you should've married one." Mr. Davenport says.

"Excuse me," Tasha says, giving him a look.

"I mean, please don't leave me. I'll go." Mr. Davenport says.

"I can't believe I'm gonna have a real-life college experience. Ooh, I wanna be like those kids on TV who paint their faces and scream into the camera." Bree says.

"Bree, please do not embarrass us. Everyone knows that the proper way to enjoy a sporting event is to clap politely, not hoot and holler like a buffoon." Chase says.

Perry runs in wearing a red and gray football jersey. "Whoo, go, Tech! She's at the ten, the five, touchdown, Vikings!"

"You went to Mission Creek Tech?" Mr. Davenport asks, walking up to Perry.

"Best twelve years of my life. And I was on the football team." Perry says.

"No way. They let girls play back then?" I ask her.

"Nope. Had to grow a mustache and say I was Tom from Ohio." Perry says. She notices Tasha's hoodie. "Ugh. Pioneers? I knew there was a reason I never liked you. You went to my rival school."

"Oh, yeah. State's takin' Tech down." Tasha says.

"In your dreams. I just wish I could be there to see it. The game's been sold out for weeks." Perry says.

"You should talk to Tash..."

"No, she shouldn't." Mr. Davenport says, leading Adam out of the room.

"Do you have tickets?" Perry asked Tasha.

"Uh...no," Tasha says.

"Good. Because I know, if you did, you'd invite your bestie, Terry. Right?" Perry says.

Leo leaned over to Bree, Chase, and me. "Did she say bestie or beastie?"

"You just said you didn't like me," Tasha says.