Chapter 4: Kai's Dream

"Come on! You're such a slow poke!" The white and black beagle-shaped Omeocoon shouted as Kai was still pushing shrubs from behind, he huffed in fatigue. Confusion struck him as he looked around at a new environment, one minute he was taking a nap on his ship, and the next he was back home..? On Omeocoon.

"How can you be out of breath? We don't have lungs!" His friend added as she watched Kai huff and puff, but he smiled as he lowered to one knee to take a break. "Look, it's not my fault I'm out of shape. What do you want me to do?" Kai remembered this... it was some time ago, years ago. He was aware that this was a dream, his friend was dead. And as Omeocoon didn't dream as often as other species did it was never fully seamless when it came to dreaming. Kai didn't hesitate to pull this mystery friend into a kiss. It was quite obvious that she was more than just a memory. Kai pulled away but stared into Lira's eyes with both care and sorrow. His Omeocoon mind knew that this was merely a fabrication because Omeocoon don't often dream— but when they did, lucid dreaming was not uncommon for them to master. And as long as it were a dream, he wanted to savor it. "What's wrong? Did you change your mind about climbing the mountain?" Kira asked, she was surprised."No, it's not that... it's just." Kai paused, lowering his head and taking Lira's hand, she was one of the many that died on that day. But Lira was special, she was more than just another tribe member. She was special. The love of his life. "Just pretend like I haven't seen you in years. And I've just come home after a long journey." She was confused but allowed him to continue playing what looked like some kind of game. Kai kissed her again and then allowed their tails to intertwine with each other, he was proposing a merge... he wasn't sure how it was going to play out in a dream, but he just wanted to feel her again. And she was surprised by his sudden forward actions. He could climb a mountain whenever he wanted... he would never see Lira again outside of a dream.