Chapter 15: The Mission

Kai returned from the surface, he entered his ship through the docking port, not a moment too soon. He would certainly miss S9 and his attention to detail. But he had a mission that also served as an excellent opportunity to explore the unknowns. "Bode!" Kai started expressively, his voice echoing down the hall, "Guess what? I got a new job for us that pays twice as much! It's a little dangerous but I think we can pull it off." His brother was already waiting impatiently in the airlock, tapping his foot, his arms were crossed and he had a sour face as Kai entered. "Get over it," Kai said bluntly, he assumed this was about that silly bug. Bodi growled, "Eleven times! I called you eleven times!" Bodi forcefully took his brother by the wrist. "Ow, hey! Come on, you're hurting me!" Kai said before his expression softened, he was now officially worried about his brother if this was about the moth that happened nearly a week ago now. "Look, just relax, okay? I know you're still upset about the moth, but you've gotta calm down. This is crazy!"

Bodi led him straight to the canteen. Where the house guest was waiting, his feet were propped up on another chair like some kind of footstool, Kai's eyelid involuntarily twitched in annoyance at the sight of Maxion, he was in shock at the teal and white raccoon-shaped Omeocoon, who had a massive smile on his face as if he were just a part of the crew. "Oh, hey there! You must be Kai. I've heard so much about you. I'm Maxion." Kai flashed a fake smile toward Maxion, "Would you excuse us for a moment?" He didn't wait for a response, he grabbed Bodi by the forearm and pulled him out into the corridor. "So it's finally happened, you're completely out of your mind. First the thing with the moth and now this? Bodi come on! I have a certain set of rules that you have to follow when you stay aboard the ship alone. No company is one of them unless I've changed it. Is he your boyfriend..?" Kai continued his comedic rampage, talking to Bodi as if he were a child.

"Do you want to sit in the corner for a few hours? Is that it? Because you haven't done that since you were seven years old, maybe then you'll come to your senses. If you want to keep acting like a little kid—" Kai started, his anger was there, but it was stifled. Bodi could hear it in the back of his voice. "Hey! Listen to me! I was just trying to help him sober up, there you go again treating me like some nutjob! I made the call because you were on Devana talking to your contact." Bodi growled, his anger was less restrained. "Is that what you really believe? Why would an Omeocoon be drunk?" Kai asked unpersuaded, Bodi had no response, "Fine. You leave me no choice. You are going to sit in the corner because if you think I'm gonna let you keep lashing out, you're wrong! I'm worried about you. This is for your own good, at least there you won't be able to hurt yourself." Kai once again took his brother by the arm and pulled him to their shared bedroom, setting up a place for him in the corner of the room. "Now sit!" Kai pointed angrily. Bodi twiddled his thumbs, "I'm not sitting in the corner like some little kid–"

"Shut your mouth!" Kai cut him off angrily, but his tone fluctuated into disappointment, a deep sigh resonated from him as he continued to point to where Bodi would be sitting, his shoulders slumped over slightly as the bags under his eyes returned. Stress yet again. "Bodi just... be quiet for once... please... While I fix your mistake." Bodi's eyes were watery, but he complied, having a seat on the empty cargo container, he faced the wall quietly. "I'll come and check on you in a few... this is for the best," Kai said, he observed Bodi quietly, and then he turned to deal with Maxion. Bodi did it to himself.