Chapter 16: Off

"Where's Bodi?" Maxion began as Kai returned to the canteen. "Sitting in his corner, where he belongs," Kai answered sternly. "You didn't have to be so hard on him you know. He was doing the right thing. I wasn't in my right mind and I trespassed aboard your ship. So it's not his fault. In fact! He was trying to help me, so just cut him some slack," Maxion started to advocate for Bodi's behavior as Kai rentered the canteen. "Bodi is young and silly, he's completely out of his element here. And I wasn't just mad at him for this, it's everything he's been doing for the past few months. He's been lashing out, you don't know anything about him." Kai responded sternly, he forced Maxion to sit upright. And took the stool that he was using as a footrest.

"Do you have anywhere else to go? Because you can't stay here, 'Maxion,' my brother can't protect you anymore." Kai said as Maxion stood up, and stretched, "Yeah. Luckily for you, I do have a ride. Thanks for letting me stay so long. I think I'm just gonna wait on the spaceport if that's alright with you." Maxion declared, and Kai nodded, that was very okay with him. "I'll walk you out," Kai said, he would not leave Maxion to wander around and touch things randomly, his presence was already suspicious as it is. "So, where are you headed after this?" Maxion questioned as they moved down the corridor, "Quadrant Four. Too secret exploration stuff."

"Huh? That's pretty far from here, communications are spotty, plasma storms and such. Maybe you should get a navigator." Maxion proposed, Kai raised an eyebrow he found that to be humorous rather than anything else. "Are you offering your services?" Kai replied. "I have many talents." Maxion countered as they arrived at the airlock, Kai put in the codes that would break the seal for the doors between the sailor and the station, the ship filled with the sterile air from the station, and the corridor beamed in bright lighting as it awaited Maxion's passage. "Why don't you just stay out of trouble? And stop breaking into people's ships." Kai started, and Maxion picked up. "Why don't you let me stay? You know I have a thing for the bunny form. I think it's distinctive." Maxion said seductively, and Kai groaned, "I'm not single. In fact, I'm married to my work. So that's not going to work."

"Hey? Can you blame me for trying?" Maxion turned to face Kai, and he moved to undo one of the pouches on Kai's belt, much to his discomfort. The unfastening of familiar velcro by unknown hands caused Kai to square his shoulders and squirm in disbelief, Maxion deposited his contact chip, which was essentially this century's version of a number on a piece of paper or a business card, it could be put into the auxiliary slot of a PDA or a ship, and allow the user to call the number immediately. He fastened the pouch again. "In case you change your mind. Consider it a favor for letting me stay. Remember... many talents." Maxion was promptly shoved overboard. "Shoo!" Kai said, fanning Maxion away like he was some kind of wild bird or something. Luckily Maxion responded positively. What a weirdo.