Chapter 42: Knowing

The contents of the 'Daedalus' file revealed a complex web of information related to the project mentioned above. The following is restricted to authorized users only; it details the entire operation and its history:

1. Genetic Enhancements — 2045: Data on genetic modifications and enhancements conducted as part of Omeocoon occupation. These experiments accidentally resulted in the creation of Omeocoon 'generation two.' Physical differences between these types include various organs, among other items.

2. Medical Experimentation — 2046: Records of experimental medical procedures performed on subjects associated with Omeocoon continued, with resistance. Subjects escaped and overturned Xalorian overseers. Evacuated after order from Dynamic Patrol and deployment of defensive grid. However, surveillance continues.

3. Omeocoon past — 2100: A mysterious threat resulted in the death of millions and the destruction of most civilization on the planet. Dynamic Patrol protection evacuated.

4. Test Bed — 2100: First Omeocoon servants since 2040 acquired, three individuals ordered, two arrived. Forms included feline, skunk, and rabbit(Unaccounted for.) Three crews were hired to obtain specimens; two crews returned, and one M.I.A. Mission partially succeeded. The species are designated O1 and O2; both specimens are Generation Two Omeocoon.

5. Larger Scale — 2100: Omeocoon resistance is more potent than expected and must continue to collect specimens; calculations include approximately 11,113 specimens accounted for, including multiple island tribes and a station in orbit. Must continue research.

6. Submissive — 2101: After continued medical research on specimens previously acquired. Scientists have discovered an enzyme in the Omeocoon system responsible for regulating the Omeocoon's intelligence equilibrium. A medical gaseous compound has been synthesized; this will, in effect, render an Omeocoon (of adult size)—Daft and easy to control.

7. Physical limitations(?) — 2101: After continued simulations, researchers discovered that the Daedalus formula has no different effect on G1; since both specimens acquired were G2, scientists could not account for the physical differences of a Generation One. Must obtain Generation One specimen.

8. Future developments — 2102: Dynamic Patrol has held several Omeocoons, evacuating the planet. Must acquire, the possibility of G1 outweighs the risk.

9. Yar — 2102: A crew has been hired. They will be trained as Dynamic Patrol officers, posted on a ship of Dynamic Patrol design, and inserted into the DP Exploration Force. It is expected that they will be able to play a part, allowing Narcit forces to gain the trust of Omeocoon station dwellers and capture them, leading to the relaxation of the Omeocoon defense system and the eventual acquisition of Omeocoon.

10. Acquired — 2102: Mission successful. Yar was able to slip into DP territory and acquire Omeocoon refugees. 40 acquired, none G1. Daedalus is potent on these subjects. Transport to homeworld initiated.

11. 'Space Bunnies' — 2102: A high-ranking businesswoman has assigned a duo of bunny Omeocoon brothers a mission. Generation One is expected to be present. Additionally, their standing as brothers allows the opportunity to analyze how Daedalus will affect the Omeocoon of close genetic composition(siblings.) Risk is acceptable and must be acquired. Yar assigned to complete the task.

12. Projections — 2103 and beyond: The operation will enter a critical phase. Plans include further infiltration of Omeocoon, with the ultimate goal of acquiring Omeocoon and integration as a servant class after the margin of increased control and manipulation with G1 subjects.