Chapter 35: Save

Yar inhaled. After that disastrous meeting, which left one of his prime subjects on the run, there was only one thing left to do. He had to notify his client... this commission was starting to prove to be more trouble than it was worth. He was not looking forward to his future unpleasant conversation with Narcit, the Xalorian contact funding Yar's mission. He'd given him a ship and a crew to do his bidding, and in return, Yar was to deliver species ripe for servitude. But once in a while... there was a special request for a particular species.

The Xalorians are a species native to the Bhakti system in the same space as the Omeocoon, making them neighbors of the planet. They were a formidable alien race that forcefully occupied the Omeocoon homeworld for 20 years in 2040; their reign would've continued if not for a raid that ended the conflict in 2060. Xalorians are a reptilian race known for their imposing physical stature and armored scales. Towering at an average height of eight feet, the Xalorians possess a muscular build and are incredibly lizard-like, slit eyes, long tails, sharp fangs, oh! And, of course, cold-blooded. Their scales ranged in color from deep shades of green and brown to metallic hues, providing them with natural camouflage in various environments. They were natural hunters.

The Xalorians are an aggressive and expansionist society driven by conquest and dominance. They valued strength, discipline, and efficiency above all else. Their society is organized hierarchically, with a strict chain of command and a central governing body led by a powerful warlord. They have a penchant for advanced weaponry and technology, focusing on developing destructive weapons and war tools, making them a primary weapons supplier for many planets. 

 In their first venture out into unknown space, the Omeocoon made contact with the Xalorians, who immediately captured the ship and used its data to discover the planet Omeocoon. The Xalorians were incredibly intrigued by the world; they thought that the inhabitants were 'cute' and, therefore, worthy of conquest, and they figured that they could integrate the race into their chain of command as a service class. With plans set in place, the occupation of Omeocoon began in 2040, which included the Omeocoon leaders officially instating the Xalorians as the planet's occupying body. The Xalorians exploited the planet's resources, disregarding the delicate ecological balance. They established heavily fortified installations and mining operations, leaving scars on the planet's surface. The native flora and fauna suffered greatly under their rule, so most plants are poisonous to humans and other biological organisms.

The natives were not only killed because of such harsh conditions but were also turned into a workforce of servants as planned. They were also forced to utilize their unique abilities for tricks and entertainment, which was humiliating. The Xalorian scientists used Omeocoon for gruesome experimentation on top of all of this. 

Eventually, the Xalorians were confronted by a unified resistance force formed by a small group of natives. After establishing more cells of this rebellion, they decimated several important Xalorian figureheads and facilities. Then, they were able to escape and contact the Dynamic Patrol. This protection body swore an oath to defend all planets that could not protect themselves. The Patrol dispatched a fleet of 900 ships, personally led by Admiral Eleanor Price. She was instrumental in helping the Omeocoon fight back and retake their planet. After a long and fierce battle, the Xalorians were finally defeated and driven off the world. Their occupation's scars remain a reminder of the planet's tumultuous history.

Today, the remnants of Xalorian technology and structures stand as a testament to the resilience of the Omeocoon world and as a sort of middle finger to the Xalorians, a warning to never return. The inhabitants of Omeocoon strove to restore the planet's natural balance, reclaiming their home from the echoes of the Xalorian occupation and working towards a future of harmony and preservation. In the year 2100, the planet has long since recovered(Save for Kieran's recent destruction.) And the Xalorians were warned to stay away from the planet. The encounter led to establishing a permanent Dynamic Patrol presence in the system. This newfound freedom eventually led to the Omeocoon being inducted into the Patrol as members. And because of the experiments done by Xalorian scientists, this is where the first G2 Omeocoon, a strange new variety of Omeocoon that had organs, originated. This resulted from the Xalorian experiments; they unlocked this new sleeper trait embedded in Omeocoon DNA and split the population between Generation One and Generation Two.