Chapter 11: Spire

When arriving at his room, the door actuated automatically as soon as it had scanned S9's authentication chip, it was completely dark when they walked in, and Kai was hit with the sweet smell of something... it smelt great, he thought that, and he didn't even eat! "Oh dear... my apologies Mr. Kai, I wish they would reprogram the A.I. It's very unsafe to enter without lights on!" S9 explained as they stepped further into the dark room. "Lights on?" Kai said in confusion, and without skipping a beat the room was illuminated, causing Kai to jump suddenly as he unintentionally activated the voice-controlled A.I. "That's better," S9 said satisfied, and he took Kai by the wrist and led him to the day bed in the small room(by now Kai had assumed that this was the entire room, just by the bed existing in the space with him,) S9 sat Kai down on the daybed and the Gel-Bunny watched in an awkward smile as S9 carefully reciprocated the care that Kai had for his boots, S9 would begin to gently peel the material of the boots away from Kai's lower knee, starting from the top and gradually rolling the rubber shaft downward until they were low enough to be taken completely off. He then placed them on a rack by the door in their collapsed state. Kai stood up again and was pleasantly greeted by the marble floor, which was heated. "This is all? Not gonna lie... the way you were talking this place up I was expecting more from the 'escalade' suite." Kai said placing his hands on his hips, he sounded disappointed.

"No, milord. This is the mudroom." S9 moved over to a control panel, and with the press of a button, unlocked a hidden door that revealed a massive open space, complete with access to two bedrooms and a firepit which was placed in the center of a sunken sofa in the middle of the room, this served as the central piece of the entire suite. Kai blinked in surprise as the hidden door opened, revealing the expansive and luxurious space beyond. He was taken aback but S9's expression remained unchanged, his metallic features maintaining their calm composure, it's not like he could smile with amusement anyway, he didn't have a face to speak of. "Woah!" Kai shouted, his voice echoing through the space, a smile playing on his lips. He followed S9's lead and stepped into the newly available space, his eyes scanning the elegant interior design. The firepit radiated a comforting warmth, casting a soft glow across the room as the lights slowly illuminated as if the room was waking up.

"This is all for me?" Kai remarked, his initial disappointment now replaced with a sense of awe. "Naturally, Sir. This room and I are at your service, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for as long as you stay in this facility." S9 added softly, the sound emitting from the speakers on his metallic form. "Our designers ensured that the 'escalade' suite offers more than meets the eye. This room was prepared for you, we recognize the Omeocoon are a unique race of shapeshifters, so you'll notice this room has been meticulously prepared for your arrival. Its temperature and its objects are positioned in a certain manner, creating a bespoke experience just for you, if you wish to practice shapeshifting you have a variety of objects to choose from." Kai walked over to one of the bedrooms, it even had a pale for him to rest in rather than a bed, he continued admiring the intricate details of the decor. "I have to hand it to you, S9. This is quite impressive." Kai stated, "Thank you, milord. I will ensure that. Technical Error. is aware of your appreciation. It is my duty and pleasure to ensure your comfort and satisfaction during your stay," S9 replied with a slight nod of his spherical head. Kai turned back to S9, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "So, is there anything else you'd like to reveal? Perhaps a hidden spa or a secret passage to a private library?" S9 responded without skipping a beat. "I'm afraid those features are not part of this suite, Mr. Kai. However, I am more than capable of providing a wide range of services and amenities to enhance your experience." Kai chuckled awkwardly scratching the back of his head, he was known for his strong work ethic... so he felt a little silly asking to be pampered like this, especially on a 'business' trip. But he noticed a comfy-looking sofa in the corner of the living room, and he had an idea, "Like the foot rub..?" Kai started, he looked embarrassed but S9 nodded, gesturing to that very comfortable-looking couch, "Of course, Mr. Kai. If that is what you want, then your wish is my command." S9 replied, a hint of pride evident in his tone. S9 led Kai by the wrist again to that comfy chair and helped him get settled in, S9 relieved Kai of his utility belt, claiming that he needed to relax all items that reminded him of his work.

Kai settled into the luxurious surroundings, as S9 gave him what he asked for, the ottoman in front of him served as the perfect platform for the activity. One might've thought that a foot rub from someone that had claws for hands would be uncomfortable... but that was the best part of the experience, S9 was very good at kneading the arches. As Kai settled into the plush chair, a wave of anticipation and curiosity washed over him, the sensation was quite different.. and well, 2100 hours seemed far away now. In fact... he was so distracted he didn't even hear his communicator vibrating with a message from his brother.