Chapter 8: Docking

"You still mad at me?" Kai asked from his station across from Bodi's. And his crossing of arms and sour face was evidence that yes was the answer, Bodi was indeed furious. Even after the trip, which took a tiring 97 hours in a cramped ship, with the silent treatment looming in the air like some kind of storm cloud. "Prepare for docking," Kai commanded, this was followed by a sigh, it was clear that even he was still upset about how he had treated his brother. "I'm sorry! Now would you get over it?" Bodi would not respond. But he would perform his duties. Even when they weren't in verbal communication, they were still an excellent team. Kai would guide the ship's thrusters in steering and Bodi would manage the docking clamps and umbilicals for when the ship was properly locked on.

The duo operated their control panels in silence. Kai could tell it was hard on Bodi the most because his brother loved to talk. Once docking was complete, Kai stood up from his spot and made his way over to the farthest bulkhead, where an old-school chalkboard was positioned on the wall. He lifted the stick of half-worn chalk and held it out to his brother. "Do you wanna do this one?" Kai said with a smile, he was referring to the 'successful dock maneuvers' board. A tradition that was taken up once the brothers left their solar system, they were up to 22 successful maneuvers. "Would you just go and meet the guy? So we can get off this rock!" Bodi snapped slightly, crossing his arms. Kai frowned but huffed in defeat as he made his way off of the ship. Bodi on the other hand was connected to the spaceport's network and had full access to the news service, so he was going to scroll while Kai met with their contact.

Bodi wouldn't even see Kai off as he went for the airlock.