Chapter 4

Brandon glanced into the mirror. His hair was curled up into a quiff which revealed his, for once, unbruised face. He looked over at the long sleeved green shirt and jeans. Brandon groaned feeling like it wasn't enough.

He tugged off the shirt and instead put on a blue t-shirt and added a grey jacket which he left unzipped. He still felt like it was perfect as he grabbed the dark blue and black beanie.

Good enough, Brandon thought as he got out of the bathroom. He grabbed his phone when he heard Tyler call him from downstairs.

"Let's go Brandon!"

Brandon went down the stairs until he was in front of his boyfriend who stood at the bottom.

"Damn you look good in a beanie"

Brandon blushed at the words causing Tyler to chuckle before he quickly gave a peck on the cheek. They walked out to the car and got in.

"Where are we going?" Brandon asked as he watched Tyler drive out of the neighborhood.

"It's a surprise," Tyler teased.

"Not even a hint?"

"Not even a hint," Tyler said chuckling as Brandon pouted playfully," oh come on baby I want to see that beautiful smile of yours"

Brandon grin at the thought of Tyler loving his smile.

"There it is! Just as beautiful as always," Tyler said proudly as he parked.

"Where are we?" Brandon asked he got out of the car. He stared at the woods ahead of him

"Just trust me," Tyler said holding his hand out for Brandon who quickly took it.

Tyler pulled Brandon through the woods while holding a basket in the other hand. They finally stopped at a clearing and Brandon saw the river that streamed over to side.

"How about a picnic baby?"

Brandon turned around seeing his boyfriend sitting down on a blanket that was laid across the grass.

"Sounds great," Brandon said as he sat down next to Tyler who handed a plate that had pasta and bread on it. Brandon took a bite of the pasta tasting the sauce spread in his mouth as he chewed.

"Did you make this?" Brandon asked. Tyler nodded as he also ate.

"When did you make it?" Tyler chuckled at Brandon's curiosity before answering.

"When you were sleeping"

"No wonder it's still warm!" Brandon exclaimed as he finished the food. Tyler handed Brandon a small of cup of lemonade.

"Why such a small cup?" Brandon asked as he took a sip anyway.

"You can drink soda when we go to the movies," Tyler said as he grabbed the now empty cup from Brandon's hands.

"When do we go?"

"After this"

"So when do we leave?"

"Why so many questions?" Tyler asked making Brandon laughed out loud.

Tyler loved Brandon's laugh how it fit his personality perfectly with his gentle and soft self. The way Brandon would placed the back of his hand to his mouth as he laughed but then remove it as he always did.

"Tyler?"

"Huh what?" Tyler asked as he snapped out from his daydream.

"What were you thinking about? Brandon asked as he leaned against the taller boy.