Chapter 5

"I didn't know you smoked," Alex said to Tyler as he leaned against the metal railing.

Tyler let out a puff of smoke before replying,"Only when alcohol doesn't work enough for my stress"

"Stress?," Alex frowned," From what?"

Tyler sighed causing another puff of smoke to leave his mouth.

"Just school and stuff," Tyler lied. The real reason for stress was from Brandon.

"Why? I mean your smart at least your honor roll and plus you only have one B from history"

"Yeah but reading all those chapter at one time is too much work sometimes you know?"

Alex nodded as he stared at the dark sky.

"What time is it anyway?" Tyler asked as he followed Alex's glaze.

"Probably around eight or nine," Alex turned his head so he staring at Tyler," We should go inside before our boyfriends come out to get us"

"I'll be in soon"

Alex nodded before walking inside of the house while Tyler stayed out at the balcony.

Honestly, Tyler hated smoking that was true but when alcohol didn't work successful on him or he just didn't want a hangover later he headed for the cigarettes. Him being an athlete he wasn't that much into smoking only for time to time, he wasn't planning on dying anytime soon.

It was weird that Tyler was getting stress from Brandon to anybody else but him. Sure Tyler likes hurting Brandon but deep down the sweet side of Tyler was angry at himself for even touching Brandon in such a way but the control always takes over him and out comes bad Tyler and good Tyler is gone.

It sounds stupid yes but the many thoughts of what he does (well what his bad side does) always pressures him into stress which just makes it worse and why would it?

Because it would result to Tyler drinking which led to drunk Tyler who would hurt Brandon even worse than usual which is also another reason why Tyler smokes instead of drink sometimes.

It was a lot of stress for Tyler but he knew due to what he does that it would result to something and one of the results was stress including Brandon's pain.

Tyler took another inhale of the chemicals that mixed into the oxygen in his lungs as he heard a voice behind him.

"Tyler?"

Tyler turned to see Brandon standing behind him as he stared at the smoking older boy.

"Oh hey baby," Tyler said before taking another smoke while Brandon stared hardly at the cigarette in his hands.

"Are you still smoking? I thought you stopped"

"You know I only do this sometimes it's not a problem," Tyler said calmly,

"I know but yo-"

"Brandon what did I just say?" Tyler shouted making Brandon flinch at the harsh tone," You know the reason why I'm smoking for crying out!"

Tyler turned around taking another smoke letting his anger melt away slowly as he let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Tyler," Brandon whispered as he stepped closer.

"It's fine baby," Tyler muttered as he turned around," Go in first I'll just finish smoking than come in soon"

Brandon nodded before going back into the house.

Smoking also helped Tyler in another way, it relaxed his anger. The monster inside him. He couldn't hide it for long but long enough thanks to the chemicals.