Chapter 14

*Please comment a lot and read author's note at the end* ^_^

"What do you mean everything?" Brandon asked watching Carter take a step closer to him.

"I mean everything about us"

"There's still an us?" Brandon's voice coming out in a sad, confusing tone.

"Brandon just hear me out okay?" He looked down at his feet before looking at Carter for permission to continue.

"I shouldn't have said what I said to you. I know it wasn't right for me to push you away but I did and I should have. I was just shocked hearing what was happening to you and I reacted in the wrong way. I didn't realize it until Alex pointed out how stupid I was being"

Carter chuckled sadly before looking to Brandon was deep in thought so he continued.

"I felt bad after pushing you away and honestly each day the feeling just got worse. This is the point where I can't hold in anymore I guess"

"Brandon your my best mate. We've been best friend since grade school and I don't want it to stop now or ever. You were there when I wasn't comfortable with being gay, you helped me and I helped you too"

"We made a promise to each other remember?"

Brandon looked at Carter with teary eyes and in a shaky voice said," We'll always be there for one another"

"Right and I almost forgot about it. All I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry. I don't want to lose you Brandon. Your too important to me. Please?"

"Well....." Brandon spoke trying to hide his smile," You know I can't hold a grudge"

"So you forgive me?" Carter asked a hint of hope in his voice.

"Of course," Brandon's mouth broke out in a grin making Carter smile as well.

"Yes!" Carter yelled fist bumping the air making Brandon chuckle before the two closed into a hug.

"I love you mate," Carter said once he had pulled away.

"Same here. Now do you want to go out and see our boyfriends who's practice is probably over," Brandon said pointing at the bathroom door with his thumb.

"Yeah," Carter said chuckling before the two lined arms and skipped out of the bathroom giggling.

~.~.~.~.~.

The locker room's blue double doors opened and the group of sweaty boys walked into the room. Loud chattering and sounds of showers starting filled the room.

Tyler opened his locker and sat down on the bench to take off the pair of sneakers he was wearing at the moment but only wore when practice or playing sports.

"That was one of the best practices we ever had," Alex said opening his locker which was next to Tyler's.

"I thought you and Carter wasn't talking to me and Brandon," Tyler said untying his sneakers.

"Well we want to make up and know the real truth while still be able to be friends"

"It was your idea wasn't it," Tyler said in a joking/knowing tone since he was in a good mood at the moment and didn't want to ruin it.

"Yeah"

Alex chuckled taking off his jersey.

"Well can I ask you one question?" Alex asked sitting next to Tyler as he tied on his other pair of sneakers on.

"What is it?" Tyler said running a hand through his damp water quickly.

"Why did you hit Brandon?"