58| A Kat with a Heart?

Using their unique bond, Damon opened his mind to Bonnie, instantly feeling her worry and concern. He assured her that they were safe and unhurt, trying his best to hide the tension that had settled in his heart.Through their connection, Damon could sense Bonnie's emotions like his own. He could feel her worry for their son, her fear of the unknown, and her longing for their safe return. But there was something more, a feeling of unease as if she knew there was something he wasn't telling her.Though he wanted to tell her about Cade, he knew that it wasn't the right time. He didn't want to worry her more, especially when she was already carrying their unborn child. So, he did his best to mask his concerns, projecting calm and assurance through their bond."Stefan's safe. We're both safe. We're on our way back to you now," Damon said through the bond, doing his best to reassure her.Despite his attempt to conceal his worries, some of him knew that Bonnie would pick up on his suppressed emotions. But for now, he just wanted to ensure their safety. Everything else, he decided, would be dealt with once they got back to Mystic Falls.

It wasn't long before their reached mystic falls. at the Salvatore boarding house. the place was quiet. Damon shook his son awake. "We're here?" Sj asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes. They exited the car and made their way up to the front porch. and before Damon could knock on the door it swung open. and Hope Mikaelson was standing there her face saying everything. Sj stepped back Damon turned to look at him confused for a second. Hope walked towards Sj and the anger now showing on her face. "screw you!" she screamed and pushed and Sj let her do it. Damon on the other hand moved between them. "I thought-I- I thought you were dead Ty!" she screamed, her eyes full of tears. but before Sj could reply, they heard a scream inside the house. Damon knew it was Bonnie and was inside the house and up the stairs. in front of Damon's bedroom door, Elijah Mikaelson stood tall protective. "Move" was all Damon said. inside the room, Bonnie was on the bed with Caroline Forbes, Freya Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall trying to help her. Bonnie was in labour. and Damon was watching the woman he loved scream in pain. 

Damon's heart pounded as he stood frozen in the doorway. Bonnie's anguished cries filled the room, ripping through him like a knife. Despite being a vampire, he felt helpless at that moment, his wife in pain and he couldn't do anything about it. "Bonnie," Damon breathed, taking a tentative step into the room. He met Caroline's gaze, her eyes full of worry and a silent plea for him to stay calm. He saw Freya mouthing some incantations, hands glowing with magic, trying to alleviate Bonnie's pain. Hayley was at Bonnie's side, holding her hand tightly."Don't just stand there, Damon," Hayley barked at him, her eyes flicking towards the stricken vampire. "She needs you."Without wasting any more time, Damon crossed the room in a blur and was at Bonnie's side in an instant. He brushed away her sweaty hair, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. "I'm here, Bonnie. I'm here."In his peripheral vision, he could see Elijah outside the room, clearly uncomfortable. His eyes then went back to Hope, who had followed him in. He saw the tears on her face, her anger momentarily replaced by worry for Bonnie. He met his son's gaze, who looked worried and guilty at the same time.

As the room filled with the sound of Bonnie's screams, Damon could only pray that everything would be okay. He tightened his grip on Bonnie's hand, assuring her that he wasn't going anywhere. He was with her, through every painful contraction, every fearful tear, every heart-rending scream.

And as Bonnie's screams intensified, Damon steeled himself for the battle ahead, knowing that they were in for a long night. Bonnie looked up at Damon and smiled a little, "You're here" she said in a whisper. she looked so tired, and he hated himself for leaving her. 

Titus walked behind Hope as they went back downstairs. he set down at one of the seats near the fireplace and Hope started to walk away. "Andy I'm sorry..." but she just kept walking away. he shook his head understanding that it was for the best that she stay mad at him. He started looking around the house and noticed that some people were missing. Klaus, Stefan, Marcel and Rebekah were missing. Katherine came from around the corner, she walked over to him and sat down. "trouble in paradise?" she smirked 

"you could say that," he said. he looked around again and asked, "Where is everyone?" 

"Klaus and Stefan went looking for a doctor for your mother and Barbie and Kenneth went looking for the other missing Mikaelsons" He finally noticed that she had a glass with what smelled like bourbon, "My Dad know you stealing his bourbon?" Titus asked. 

Katherine gave a smirk at Titus' question, glancing at the amber liquid swirling in her glass. "Oh, sweetheart," she replied with a wink. "Your father and I have a long history. I'm pretty sure he won't mind me helping myself."She took a sip, the sharp tang of the alcohol momentarily distracting her. She looked over at the young man sitting across from her, his gaze still somewhere distant."And as for Hope," she started, deciding to return to the topic. "Give her some time. I know a thing or two about angry young women and trust me, they need their space. But they also need to know you're still there for them."Titus gave a small nod, acknowledging her advice. He might have his differences with Katherine, but he knew she spoke from experience. And right now, he could use all the advice he could get.

Seeing Titus' deep concern and frustration, Katherine felt an unfamiliar pang of empathy. This was not her usual style. She was more familiar with manipulation and self-preservation, but something in her had shifted since she had bonded with Stefan.

Stefan. A man she had spent centuries chasing, fighting for, and competing with others for his affection. Now that she had him, her entire world had shifted. Stefan had always been the compassionate one, the one who cared deeply about his family and loved ones. It seemed that being bonded to him was rubbing off on her in ways she had not expected.She watched as Titus stared into the fireplace, his young face marked with worry and guilt. Katherine remembered a time when she was a young human woman in Bulgaria, filled with love and hope for her future. She had made many mistakes since then, and had done things she wasn't proud of. Maybe she could help this young man avoid some of the pitfalls she had fallen into."Titus," she began, her voice soft but firm. "You're young and you have a lot to learn. We all make mistakes, and that's okay. What's important is that we learn from them, that we don't let them define us. You've got a good heart, just like your father and grandfather. Don't let this situation harden you. You're better than that."

For the first time in a long time, Katherine felt like she was making a difference. She was helping, not harming. She was guiding, not manipulating. It was a strange feeling, but not an unwelcome one. Maybe, just maybe, she could get used to this new version of herself.