7| Heartbroken

Stefan

Heading to Caroline's house, where she has texted me to meet her. She's been having a hard time coping with the loss of Liz Forbes her mother.
Without even needing to knock on the door, it flies open and the once cheerful face of Caroline looked drain of all emotion, breaking my heart just seeing her like this, "You came" she said in such a small voice that it didn't even sound like her.
"Of course, I will always come when you call"I reply back with a small encouraging smile. Moving aside to let me into the house, once inside she wrapped her arms around my waist and held on tight burying her face into my chest, all I could hear were small whimpers of her crying. I, in turn, wrapped my arms around her running my fingers through her hair trying to soothe her nerves. "I couldn't save her! Stefan, I turned off my humanity, what would she think of me with everything that I did? I disappointed her" she is becoming hysterical, all the regret of what she did during the time her humanity was off. "Caroline, I'm sure that your mum would understand why you did it, you come back in the end Care, you turned it back on, she's always been proud of you Care no matter what you are her daughter and she loved you and so do I, Caroline" she held me tighter and. Started crying again. We stayed like that for god know how long, just holding each other.

Elena

Four months, four freaking months of trying to get through to Damon to see what made him change so much, why he's been avoiding me for the past four months. I've seen him around town with Bonnie, they have gotten so close since they came back which is odd because they hated each other before they died.

Maybe that isn't Damon?

What if MY Damon is still stuck on the other side?

Because this Damon would never just ignore me like this

I need to see him and get to the bottom of this, find out what happened on the other side that's changed him so much.
"Elena!" Jeremy's voice brings me out of my never-ending thoughts about Damon. "What is it Jer?" He looks at me and shakes his head in a disapproving manner, I don't know why he's being all fucking high and mighty when he's the one who won't stop bitching about Bonnie.
"Just go talk to him, Lena I hate the asshole but I see how happy he makes you, you still love him don't you?" Jeremy asked me, With all my heart to the point that I think it might break! I wanted to tell him.

"you know I do, he's just been so different since he and Bonnie came back from the other side, you think something is going on between them, they were there for four months" I can't get the feeling that something is going on between the two of them, they've gotten closer so much closer. I miss the days where I had both the brothers wrapped around my finger, I know that makes me sound like Katherine, but I don't care, the brothers are mine they are supposed to be mine! Love me! die for me! have eyes only for me! I'm Elena Fucking Gilbert the woman everyone dies for.

"then get out there and get him back," he said and left the house without saying another word. with him gone I went upstairs to my room and pulled out my phone to call the one person I've been trying to get in contact with for weeks now. the phone rings five times before the deep voice of the one and only Damon Salvatore, it almost puts you in a trance even through the phone. God, I missed him so much, the way his hands caresses my cheek, my back, his hands running through my hair, the way we kissed, the way he gazes at me with those deep ocean blue eyes.

One Year Prior...

Damon looks at the women his been devoted to for the past two years, her winsomeness, grace, and elegance drawing him in to be close to her and hold her and never let go. "we should get out of this rain" Damon told her their arms still wrapped around each other "Just give it a sec it'll get better" Elena looked up at Damon with lustful eyes begging him to stay with her, Damon leans I and passionately kisses Elena. "Promise me that this is forever?" Elena asked the man in her arms, while in the pouring rain, Damon held on to his girlfriend tight as if she would disappear at any moment, " I Promise" he said with so much love and leans in to kiss her again hungrily.

Present Day...

"Elena?"

"Elena?"

Damon's voice broke me from my memory of the blissful past, " sorry what?" I asked not knowing what he said before. " you called me Lena" Damon replies back to me in the most uninterested voice. "oh right, it's just that I haven't seen you in over a week, is everything okay? are we okay? we havent even had se-" "Damon can you get me the towel?" I could hear Bonnie's voice in the background, what were they doing together? and why does she need a towel? "Damon, what's going on? why are you at Bonnie's?" there was a pause before he answered. "I'm not at Bonnie's, she's at the Boarding house," he says casually, I knew that they became close during their time on the other side but this is crazy now their living together? "why is she at the boarding house? is she okay?" there must be something wrong for her to be living at the boarding house with my boyfriend and Ex.

"she's fine Elena, I'll call you tomorrow" before I could object he hangs up the phone on me

heeey sorry about the late upload, still trying to figure out where this story is going lol.

comment on any suggestions or just random thoughts

xoxo Sarah