23| Katerina Petrova

Twelve hours earlier, Willoughby, Pennsylvania. Katherine's Apartment.

Katherine Pierce born Katerina  Petrova was standing in the middle of a bar dancing her heart out to Survivor songs that were playing, she had compelled the bartender to play all the songs on her phone, drunk on the blood of twenty-year-old freshman and having the time of her immortal life. The past seven years have been hell for the five-hundred-year-old vampire, from being on the run from Niklaus and his brother to almost getting the cure shoved down her throat by her doppelgänger Elena Gilbert, she had come so close to losing her immortality. 

One of the bar patrons must have had a lot to drink because the poor guy was; making his way towards the vampire-like he had a clue of who he was going to speak too. He walked around the pool table where Katherine was dancing on with a bottle of bourbon in hand happily singing along to 'eye of the tiger.'

It's the eye of the tiger; it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger
Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'till we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive

She sang out of with tune with the track playing, not paying any attention to the man slowly approaching her personal space. "hey there, gorgeous wanna get out of here?" the brave stranger asked Katherine with a drunken smile on his face. She turned around and looked down to face the man who thought it best to disturb her. "where did you have in mind?" Katherine asked the man in her most seductive voice, and she wanted to have more fun, keep this night going as long as possible. Katherine didn't live far from the bar her apartment was a block or two away, she looked at the man again and thought about taking him back to her apartment for the night.

"I was thinking your place?" he said bravely.

"My place?" she hopped off the pool table and stood tall in front of the guy, whose name was yet to be known. He was a good 6ft tall from what Katherine could tell, she wasn't short by any means, but this guy was tall, just the way she liked it.

"Yeah keep this party going, if you know what I'm saying" he winked at her, but all Katherine was paying attention to was the man's carotid artery and the sound of his beating heart.

boom boom

boom boom

boom boom

"Alright, I could just drink you up, umm what's your name again?" she didn't care what his name was, who he was or the name of his first pet. compelling the guy into coming with her was the easiest and most common way for a vampire to get what they wanted, but Katherine knew that the guy didn't need any of that, he was willing to be her late-night snack without her even needing to ask.

"Seth" He reached out his hand for her to shake, but instead, she turns on her heels and walks out the door of the bar wanting him to follow. Without another word, Seth followed the vampire out the bar with a grin on her face. Once outside Seth looked around the cold night street, it was empty, Katherine nowhere to be seen just when his disappointment was about to hit. When he heard a voice call to him coming from the ally, Seth walked over to the ally between the bar and a small Chinese restaurant and hold and behold the beautiful vampire was leaning against the wall waiting for him.

"wow you look so beautiful" he commented.

"I know," she said with a grinned and her face started to changed, black veins appeared under her eyes, and the inside of the eyes, the whites of it turned blood red, fangs protruding from her mouth. The beautiful angelic face that stood in front of Seth has turned into a creature so terrifying Seth could not look away, no matter how scared he was at sight, he could not look away. Katherine moved towards Seth in a slow, menacing way, watching him with a grin. "What's wrong with your face?" Seth asked the now unrecognisable Katherine fear laced in his voice.

"what? you don't think I'm beautiful anymore?" Katherine teased

"I-I umm I think I left my ah wallet back in the bar" Seth started to back out oh the ally way trying to head back into the bar, but with her vampire speed she took hold of Seth's head and forced him to face her, look her in the eyes.

"You want to stay here with me, remember we are going to have a party" Katherine compelled the poor man. Once she was done, Seth had a smile on his face like a sheep heading to the slaughter house and not knowing their impending doom. Katherine's face returned to her normal human appearance and she pulled Seth close and pressed her lips to his in heated kissed, she trailed the kiss along his jaw and down to his neck, once there she brought out her fangs and sunk them into Seth's carotid artery. The blood rushed down her throat like a dam opening up, less than 30 seconds later Seth's unconscious body fell on the floor.

"Oh you got blood on my new top!" Blood covered she white top, she walked over Seth's dead body like it was garbage.

Katherine walked into her apartment after the night she's had at the bar, she went up to her bedroom to change and go back out to find another meal, ever since Niklaus gave up on his pursuit for revenge and the cure nowhere to be found, she has more time to herself. Katherine stopped in the middle of her bedroom and pain in her chest, clenching her chest she fell to the ground and moaned in utter agony, "crap" she said before everything went dark and she passed out on her bedroom floor.

So I guess Alix was wrong 🤭