24| You will be MINE

Outside the Gilbert Home

Damon POV

I stood in front of the Gilbert home, just staring at the porch listening to the one heartbeat inside the house. Probably, Jeremy, it's been  12 hours since I've seen Bonnie, shes called me twice today, and both times I was preoccupied with other things. I should check up on her, see if she's alright with her being pregnant and all she is more vulnerable to whoever wants to hurt her and the baby. 'The baby' ha, can I keep calling her that 'the baby'? When I've meant her, seen her, spoken with her, know her name.

The front door of the house opened, and Elena stepped out "Damon? what are you doing here?" Elena

"Elena? you're awake?" what the hell was going on wasn't she supposed to be unconscious too? from the looks of things she's been up for the past twenty-four hours, maybe she isn't meant to be unconscious? she walked down the short steps, she looked tired which was hard for a vampire. being here brought back so many memories of the two of us, being in love with her.

"Damon, what do you want? you've made it clear that you have moved on. so why are you here?"

"i-i I don't know, I'm so sorry Elena I never meant to hurt you. you waited for me and I wasn't the same person that came back to you-"

"What happened to you Damon? did someone do this to you? I can help you bring the old Damon back, my Damon" she pleaded, it broke my heart to see her so upset but I couldn't do anything about it right. I don't have the luxury, she can't be my priority not anymore.

"There is nothing wrong with me Elena, I might not be the same guy who left you four months ago and I am sorry about that, but I am okay" Elena looked past me and towards my car, so I moved and stood in front of her blocking her view of my son in the car. knowing they have a not so peaceful relationship, I know why they don't like each other but I just wish none of this happened the way it did.

"are you going to tell me who that is? or are you going to pretend that you don't know him? you know there was a time when you were honest with me about everything" she strains her neck to have another look at the car, she moved closer to the car but I stood in front of her again. The thought of her finding out that Titus was my son, scared me for some reason Elena Gilbert was once the centre of my world, I looked behind me to make sure that my son was safe in the car. I've never had a sense of overprotectiveness towards anyone before, well maybe Stefan when we were younger after our mother died. and our father became abusive towards us, Guisseppe Salvatore the father from hell, a drunk so different from the one I met on the other side.

"that's Titus," I told her, not elaborating on any more information hopelessly, hoping that she would drop the topic and I could get to the bottom of her being awake when she is supposed to be in a deep sleep until she is awakened by Stefan. she looks at me with a confused look on her face, if you would have told ten years ago that this is how Elena and I's relationship would end up like, wouldn't have believed you.

"Titus who? how do you and Stefan know him?" she asked

"family" I replied

"family huh? because you told me the only family you two had left was your nephew Zach and he's dead, so who is he really Damon?" she looks so sad, I hate seeing her like this, she looks broken and I did that to her.

"he's uh, how do I say this without sounding crazy?" should I tell her the truth? what would Bonnie say does she want Elena to know? maybe I can find a way to break it to her gently or- the sound of Titus gasping on-air broke my train of thought.