27| Please Katherine

Back at the Forbes residence, Stefan, Damon, Katherine and Titus sat watching the unconscious body of Caroline Forbes. "So what happens now?" Katherine spoke after a time of silence they had no clue on how to approach the Mikaelsons without coming off threatening and starting WWIII, but in order to save both Caroline and Klaus. Stefan set back and listened to his Niece and Nephew discuss his relationship like it was some kind of problem they needed to fix. like their relationship was a mistake, just hearing them talk about Caroline like that broke his heart but not as much as he thought it would hurt. Titus had contacted his younger sister Alixandra to find answers about why Katherine was the one now connected to Stefan rather than Caroline like he had originally thought.

"what do you mean I was wrong?" Alix asked once Titus had summoned her from where she was. She was in a room dimly lit and sitting on the bed, her curly hair wet as she had just come out of the shower. Alix was using a towel to towel-dry her wild mane, this was the first time Stefan has gotten a chance to take in his niece's features, she looked identical to her mother apart from the hue eyes her and her brother share with their father.

"Just what I said, Uncle Stefan is bonded to Katerina, not Elena"

"how?" Alix asked, her brother all the adults in the room were quite amazed at the sight before them 

"did you give your blood to them?"

"no I haven't I was going to do it soon, Uncle Stefan and Uncle Klaus are off somewhere trying to stop some vampires from finding us, they are getting close. wait....what if the one half of the bond of dead?"

"Are you seriously asking me? I've been going off from what you say this entire time Alix!"  the kids continued to argue, Damon looked at both of his children and a smile formed on his face. Having both of them here with him felt right, even though one of them isn't really in the room with them and is about 17 years into the future, a future where he and Bonnie are both dead and their son never made it from the other side.

"KIds!.. okay we need to stop and figure this out before this shit gets worse" Damon stopped the argument going on between his children, He loved seeing them like this normal arguing like normal siblings albeit the topic wasn't normal. ut reminded him of the times He and Stefan were younger, hell it reminded him of before they went to the other side, the times they would fight over how to protect Elena and their friends mainly Elena Gilbert. He looked over at his brother who hadn't left Caroline's side since they got in through the front door, he could see the worried look washing over his face. Katherine on the other hand over looking at them with daggers, if looks could kill, Katherine Pierce was going to attach to the Salvatore name for eternity, just when he thought they got rid of her she comes back full force.

"I still don't understand this, why is this happening to me?" Kathrine asked Alix looking for answers to the question we all had. Alix got up from the bed and walked over to a nightstand and grabbed a device that looked a lot like a smartphone, she typed into and set it back down on the nightstand she had a frown on her face, Alix walked over to the door and then back to her bed.

"From what I figured out, is that the person you are bonded to is the one you have  the purest love and care for, even though everyone and everything stands against them at least that's what the ancestors told me when I asked" Alix explained,

"the same ancestors who are plotting against us?"  Titus had the same worried and confused looked like his father and uncle. Katherine gazed at them just as confused. She felt like the odd one out, not knowing what was happening to her, never in a million years would she had thought Stefan would come back to her let alone be bonded to her.

"no OUR ancestor, they are the only ones still on our side, they are the only reason we are still alive today, they have been giving us information on the where go and where best to hid" the image of Alix distorted like it was starting to fade. "I don't have much time, we aren't strong enough to hold this connection, I need to rest, keep my strength up"