30| Good to the Core

This chapter is dedicated to patience_wilson, dragons-love7533, fififes, kierra_love_1d thank you for the continued support. ❤️

After the two awoke from their deep sleep the room went silent Caroline had questions about what had happened from the time she had drunk Titus' blood to waking up in the Mikaelson mansion. The look she gave the youngest Salvatore when she was told the whole story of her relationship, scared him so much he couldn't even look her in the eye.

"I'm sorry aunt Caroline, I never meant for any of this to happen. it's my fault I talked you both into doing this and now I've screwed up your lives" Titus confessed, he felt broken like he had single-handedly destroyed four people's lives and he had no way of fixing it. Caroline walked over to the broken hybrid and pulled him close into a tight hug, the room was quiet, Hope ran to her father with tears in her eyes she wrapped her small arms around her father's legs.
"I'm alright little wolf, you know nothing can kill your father," Klaus remarked
"You didn't wake up, ain't Freya tried everything but nothing worked I thought you were dead" hope cried, Klaus picked up his little girl and held her to his chest like the thought of letting her go now would mean he loses her forever. 

❣️❣️❣️

In one of the rooms, Stefan and Caroline set on the bed and silence just thinking about going over everything that happened that day. Because thinking about everything meant that it was real, Caroline started pacing around the room remind everywhere nowhere this be happening."Come sit down and talk about this" Steffen stretch out his hand to her told her she looked back looked into his eyes and tears fell from hers.

"How can you be so calm? Are you okay with all of this? with losing us" Caroline set next to him contemplating what to say imagining the words coming out of her mouth words that would make everything okay again? " I just feel like... I'm losing my mind, like what I feel for you is in the past. The feelings are still there but not in the same way, does that make sense to you?" Carolines turned to face him her eyes filled with tears that have yet to start pulling, like a dam about to burst. It was like the day she was turned and all her emotions were rushing through her like a train.

❣️❣️❣️

Damon walked outside Into one of the gardens the Mikaelson's had. He needed air away from everyone in there, Stefan had gone into one of the room to speak with Caroline, the whole deal came as a shock to her. The door flung open and Titus walked out into the garden as well and sat next to his father. They sat there for long while in silence just looking out to the garden the sun had started going down turning the sky from a deep orange to deep beautiful purple. Titus was still in awe of all the things that he has discovered since the day he got to this world, As much as he misses mother, going around the city in the country and seeing new things with his father and uncle is one of his dreams come true.

" Are you alright dad? You kinda left there pretty quickly. The whole thing was crazy, right? I honestly didn't think it would work I know it worked before but I don't know what I'm doing honestly" he looked up and looked at his father he still had his eyes up in the sky Admiring the view, since the day that he was born to the day he came through the portal he hasn't had this moment of time alone with his father to just sit and talk, well maybe when he was younger, but have an actual conversation man to man that was new.

"I'm Fine, Kid, just wanna get this over with so I can get back to your mother and sister. Really hope Katherine is doing what she's supposed to be doing protecting the both of them" Damon turns to look at his son, he looks so much like his mother. Damon still couldn't believe he had a son, and he was here with him safe.

"It still bothers you doesn't it?"

"What does?"

" my name, it bothers you, but the thing is you never really told me why. I've asked mum, I've even asked grams but they never told me anything, when I asked grampa he would just tell me that he made a lot of mistakes back here with you and uncle Stefan. Did something happen? that why you never call me Giuseppe?"

"Doesn't have anything to do with you, it's just a name, you are my son and that is all that matters you hear me?" He said in a sad voice, it hasn't bothered him in a long time but it still pained to remember and have the memories of the time he and his brother had spent with their father after the death of their mother.  

"So, is that your way of telling me you're not going to tell me? You know I can handle it right if grampa was an arsehole to you. you can tell me" he's wanted to know the truth, all his life Titus had a feeling about the relationship between his father and grandfather, he saw the tension every time they were in a room together. He still loves his grandfather but he wanted the truth of what was really going on, what broke the father and son. 

" it's not your job to try and fix me and your grandfather, and the thing about your name, yeah it bothered me for a while actually pissed me off, but I never told your mother the whole truth of what happened and he was there for her when I wasn't. He helped her, helped bring you into the world and for that, I can put aside the differences the hatred, but yeah the name it's just a name and you are my son, you are both a Salvatore and a Bennett You are good to the core kid. you might be a Salvatore but you have the heart of a Bennett" Damon put his hand on Titus' shoulder, bringing him closer.  

❣️❣️❣️

Elijah Freya and Hayley set in the kitchen, giving Klaus and hope some time alone, Freya had her down she was thinking about what that boy did in order to wake Niklaus, what in the world is he? " are you alright Freya"Elijah asked the oldest Mikealson he beginning to worry about his family first Niklaus now who knows what's going to come out of the woodwork. Whatever the Salvatores have brought to their door, they needed to be prepared. 

"that boy, what in the hell is he?" Freya was still puzzled she had never seen magic quite like that, so powerful and raw the kid did not know the half of what he is capable of. "and how is it possible for Damon Salvatore to have a son? isn't he a vampire?" she asked no one in particular. 

"I for one don't care, as long as they aren't here to hurt my kid" Hayley chimed in her thoughts on her daughter. 

"no one is going to harm this family" Freya vowed, 

"do we trust them?" Hayley asked wanting to know the motive of the newcomers. 

"We must keep an eye out, make sure nothing is a miss, Freya could you check on Niklaus make certain that what the boy did is not a trick of sorts"  Elijah instructed.