5| What to expect, when you weren't expecting

Stefan

"WHAT!?" Both Damon and Bonnie said at the same time, shock written on their faces. Bonnie is pregnant? Wow, this whole this is getting to be a lot for everyone. "What are you talking about Son" Damon questioned his son, I've known my brother for over 170 years and I've never seen him this startled.
"When I was on the other side, Grams and Grandpa were looking at ways to find you guys and I sort out a spell that showed me a vision of Mum carrying a baby, I thought at one point that the baby could have been me from the past but I was standing next to you, I asked Grams and she told me that it was a vision of the what's to come" Bonnie was frozen after hearing the news, she hasn't spoken a word after what Titus Just said.
"Bonnie?" Damon spoke up, turning towards her so that they were face to face, she was doing everything in her power to avoid eye contact.

Damon

"Bonnie?" I called her name again when she hadn't responded the first time. She just keeps looking away from, losing my patience what I did next, brought that shit-y part of that I thought I left behind when Bonnie and I tied the knot

 "Bonnie Bennett-Salvatore talk to me!" I didn't mean to yell at her; I mean what kind of Asshole yells at their potentially pregnant wife? I just needed to know the truth.

"I was going to tell you," she said in a whisper
"How long?"
"Four months, I found out about a month ago," she said a water pool in her eyes.
"A month!" To say I was angry was an understatement.

"Damon!" 

"Dad!" 

Both Titus and Stefan, I turned to the two of them and all I see is the look of disappointment. "I need some air," I told them and walked out the door. Another baby? We just got back to being us again, found our kid, and now?

Bonnie

After Damon walked out it was just Stefan and SJ both having a look of pity and angry not towards me but Damon. I honestly meant to tell the truth, but with everything that went on, I just couldn't find the right moment. Bonnie Bennett-Salvatore? I thought we were going to keep that a secret, with the hole being married part of our other lives.

After Damon exited it was simply Stefan and SJ both viewing me shame and irate not towards me but rather Damon. I sincerely intended to come clean, yet with everything that went on, I just couldn't find the right moment. Bonnie Bennett-Salvatore? I thought we would keep that a secret, us getting married was one of the things we promised each other that we would never let another soul know. "Are you okay Mum?" He puts his hands on my shoulder and looks me in the eyes, waiting for my confirmation that I was alright. 

"I'm okay honey, your Dad is just.." he cuts me off

"don't! Don't cover for him, you always do that even when I was little, you would always excuse him. Coming home drunk? Ignoring you, when he was 'missing Elena' he never even thought that maybe you might be missing your friends too and still trying to take care of me? But he never did!" When he was done with his rant I saw the anger and hurt that he had been holding in against his father.

"He apologized for all of that, he just..."

"Being Damon? I know he loves us but sometimes I wonder" silence fall after that, I didn't think that this is how our reunion was going to end up.

 "I love you Mum, and I'm sorry I don't mean to upset you"

Damon

I needed air, space from my family because I knew I was starting to lose control, but I wasn't able to cut off the enhanced hearing, because I could hear the things my Son and Wife were talking about, the pain I've caused them, Bonnie has to defend me to our son. The front door open and close behind and footsteps headed towards me and by the way, they are moving, I knew exactly who it was. 

"Don't"

 I told him before he could say anything about my previous behavior. He walked around until he as standing in front of me, judging me with his eyes, "I know, I'm gonna go apologize to her" there was nothing that he could say that I haven't already said to myself.

"Bennett-Salvatore?" 

Stefan said after a few moments of uncomfortable silence. Someone stake me! How the hell did I let that slip? The night Bonnie and I got pulled from the other side we spent the night discussing what we should and shouldn't share with our friends and being married was most defiantly on the 'shouldn't' list. "Yeah" was all that came out I couldn't lie to him anymore, how do you tell your brother that you had a child and got married?

 "I think you need to go speak to your wife and kid, Damon, time to step up, Brother"