12| I hate you Both!

Salvatore Boardinghouse

Elena Gilbert stood outside the Salvatore boardinghouse, having had enough of people lying to her. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door of the house and waited for someone to open it. Nervous and anxious about what she was about to discover on the other side of the door. After what felt like hours the door opened to revile the one and only Damon Salvatore the love of her life, the Mann of her dreams, the yin to her yang or she thought.

"Elena" he said without any emotion behind the word, like the past when she was the centre of his universe, when breath in her very being, devoured her very soul with so much passion.
"Tell me the truth Damon, what's going on"

"I don't know what you mean"

"Do you even still love me?"

"...."

"Damon?"

"Elena..I—I do love you—just not in the way I used to"
What for the even mean! Elena thought to herself confusion written all over her face.
"Used to?"

"Elena—this isn't how I wanted to tell you about this"

"Tell me what?"

"That—I'm..."

"That you're what?"

"That I'm in love with someone else" he murmured

"What? What do you mean 'you're in love with someone else' Damon?"

"I'm sorry Lena, I didn't mean to hurt you I..."

"YOU WHAT?!?! I WAITED FOR YOU, FOR FOUR MONTHS! YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME, YOU TOLD ME WE WOULD BE FOREVER!"
She was screaming now not even caring about who heard her or saw her losing her shit, just the thought of Damon not loving her anymore broke her to her core, like a calculator not being able to add up numbers. Her face changed, black veins appearing on her face her eyes black as night, fans at the ready.

"Elena calm down, let's talk about this please" Damon tried to call her down knowing where this was heading, he needed to defuse this situation fast, before it got out of hand.

"WHO IS IT?" She demanded

"Elena—wait"

"Is she inside? I can hear her—two? Heart beats? Bonnie?" Damn! Damon thought this was not honing how he planned, he couldn't let his ex anywhere near Bonnie and the baby, Elena moved closer to the door but Damon sped around in front of her blocking her way.

"Please don't tell me it's Bonnie Bennett, my best friend Bonnie Bennett, the girl you hate Bonnie Bennett, town witch Bonnie Bennett, vampire hating BONNIE BENNETT?!?!?"

"We spent 10 years together Elena, it's not like we went out of our way to hurt you!"

"10 years? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know how to tell you without telling you everything"

"So you just lied to me, and got married to my so called best friend!"

"I do love you Elena, I'm just not in love with you and for that I am sorry"

"You told me that we would be forever! You promised me!"

"I did and I meant it, but that was before I died and was trapped on the side with Bonnie for a decade"

"How do just fall out of love with someone you spent years pining after?"

"Maybe, I was never in love with them in the first place..." Damon said

"But you're in love with BONNIE BENNETT?!?!?" She screamed out loud, her heart shuttering into a million pieces.

The door of the boardinghouse open and there in her glowing beauty stood Bonnie Bennett-Salvatore, she looked at her best friend with sadness in her eyes and guilt in her heart.

"Hi Elena I.." she murmured tears in her eyes.
"YOU BITCH!" Elena screamed at the woman she once called her 'sister'
"I told you to stay inside Bonnie" Damon turned to face his wife, cupped her small face in his rather large hands. Bonnie couldn't help but lean into his hands feeling the warmth coming from them and feeling safe with him.

"Seriously!! You both can't be serious right now" Elena's voice broke the couples loving moment. They pulled apart and turned to the furious vampire stand in front of them. Damon put his right hand behind him and started pushing Bonnie gently back inside the house keeping her safely behind him.
"You two are supposed to be the two people who are meant to love me! Not go behind my back and hurt like this" Elena said in a sad voice, she took a closer look at the woman she thought would never harm her in anyway, but she was wrong, so wrong!
"Elena—I" Bonnie started but was cut off by Elena.

"NO! You slut! You come back and break my brother's heart, than go around and get pregnant and than try and steal my boyfriend!?!?"

"You need to leave NOW!" Damon's voice made both women jump, he had enough of his Ex speaking ill about his Wife, it didn't matter that she was heartbroken and he did feel bad about hurting her.

"why don't you go find the guy who knocked you up instead of taking other people's boyfriends" Elena continued ignoring Damon's demand, she made her way closer to Bonnie her face screaming murderous intent.

Within a blink of an eye Damon had Elena pined against her car, face munching hers, his fangs out and ready to protect his love. "I understand that you're hurt Elena and I'm sorry but I'm not going to stand her and let you speak that way about my wife!" Damon growled not even caring that he just told his ex-girlfriend that he married her best friend. "Your what?" She the colour felt from her face and she looked as though like she was going to pass out.

"How could you do this to me?" Tears running down her cheeks, she glared at Damon. "You really love her? You married her, I hate you!" She pushed Damon back as hard as she could and he stumbled back a few feet. She took one last look at the two people she thought would never hurt her "I HATE YOU BOTH!!!" And she got into her car and drove off.