22|NiKlaus Mikaelson

12 hours earlier, New Orleans; Mikaelson Residence

Niklaus Mikaelson sat in the library reading a book he picked out of the abundance of books in the house. He has been the happiest he's ever been in the last thousand years with his family all being together well minus Finn and Henrik who died. He finally had someone who loved him unconditionally his daughter Hope Mikaelson the most amazing little girl in the world, well according to Niklaus Mikaelson. After the battle, he went through to keep his family safe. Klaus was finally happy and able to enjoy his immortal life after one thousand years of him existing on this planet. He was now the king of New Orleans ruling over the city with an iron fist, and he had his army of hybrids at the ready to defend the family at a moments notice. From going up against their aunt Dahila, defeating Lucien and his bitch of a crazy sister Aurora, fighting the hollow and getting through the ordeal with Marcel Gerard. Although now they were on good terms with each other just like a family they oppose and makeup later on.

Its been seven years since all of that went on with the Mikealson family, and they'ed been through so much. And now it was finally their time to have peace and happiness the siblings deserved. "Daddy! Can you help me with this painting, I don't know what colour to use for this flower." 

Niklaus's daughter came running into the library with her beautiful purple floral dress her mother got for her on her seventh birthday. Her red auburn hair tied up in a high ponytail to keep it from getting paint on it, she was carrying one of the canvases her father had brought for her since she loved painting so much. She looked so beautiful just like her mother although they weren't together, well they never were together in the first place just a one night stand that changed both their lives forever. "let me have a look love" Niklaus placed his book down on the side table with the page he was on marked with a bookmark that Hope made for him. The painting was of flowers that her mother kept in her room red roses and pink Lillies. The picture she made looked like a replica of the flowers near her window stand in her bedroom. "this is quite remarkable, you are coming into your style Hope" Niklaus told his daughter, it was noon and the house was empty with just the two of them opting to stay home instead of going out like the rest of the family.

It has been six years since the last time Niklaus Mikaelson, and his Siblings have had to fight for their lives against some unknown enemy. They've had six years of happy bliss time for Niklaus to have a father-daughter bond, and hopefully give her the experience he never got as a child. Now the only thing Niklaus Mikaelson wants is for the woman he loves to give him the time of day. Caroline Forbes, the woman that managed to steal the hybrid's heart, but vehemently denied having reciprocating the same feeling that he had for her. he had heard that she was now with the younger Salvatore brother and it bothered Niklaus.

That night the family were all together at the house well some of them. Freya was upstairs in her room with a 'guest' as she called her. Hayley and Elijah were out on a date, while Marcel and Rebekah were out on the town doing god know what anything can happen when those two get together. Hope was having dinner downstairs with her father well. Hope was having dinner while Niklaus had a glass of warm blood. Niklaus looked at his daughter; he never thought that he would ever become a father being who he. Was and having the kind of history and enemies that he has. Hope walked over to the sink to put away her plates and clean them, while she was doing that she heard a thud and turned only to find her father on the floor not moving. "DADDY!" Hope screamed in fear of the scene in front of her, and she ran to her father's side, she shook her father, trying her very best to wake him up to no avail.

"Aunt Freya!!" Hope yelled

"Aunt Freya!" she yelled again.

Freya Mikaelson came running down the stairs panic in her eyes, and when it came to her family Freya was not the one to mess with, she has spent years fighting every; vampire, hybrid, witch and demonic blue, glowing spirit out to get her niece. "Hope are you okay" Freya answered as she made her way into the kitchen, as she entered the kitchen she saw the horror in front of her. Niklaus was laying on the floor unconscious unmoving, Freya dropped to the floor beside her young brother, she put her hand over his body and silently chanted with her eyes closed.

Nothing.

she continued to chant, but nothing happened.

"what happened Hope?" she asked her niece as calmly as she could in order not to scare her more than she already was. Hope had no idea what was happening to her father right now, she just wanted her father to be okay. "I don't know, he was sitting on the chair and when I came back from the sink he was on the floor, I just heard him fall and I don't know why!" Hope cried, fear creeping through her body not being able to help her dad broke her heart to the core.

"Whatever is happening to him is very strong magi, even I can't seem to reverse it. seems to be some sort of sleeping spell" Freya stood up and walked over to the couch in the living room, walked back in the kitchen with a pillow and placed it under Niklaus' head. still trying to figure out how to save her brother from whatever attack that been placed upon him.

A Mikaelson centred chapter what do you think?